• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young and those close to him "very shocked" at the organization's decision to bench him.

FutureDynasty

17 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

....They sold us a  bill of goods....

It seems like it, honestly. Looking back, some signs like the combine and his weird weight hijinx should have been bigger red flags. Refusing to participate but doing a secret weigh-in where he weighed clearly 30 lbs more than he ever had before, etc.

I gave him more chances than 95% of the huddle but seeing him return to the field this year having regressed was the end for me

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Bryce's parents or anyone close to him can't possibly be shocked by this can they? He has been so awful bad for so long now I just don't get how it came as a shock? If I were them I would be talking life up to him telling him "Son you are now making millions and getting the best tickets in the stadium to watch the game for free. Heck, they are even going to let you wear the uniform and run out the tunnel each game". 

Bryce being a crap QB means nothing at this point. He has already won at life and made millions and if his career ends he leaves with his full health and memories. Hopefully his parents aren't too upset. I would be ecstatic if my boy were offered millions to be a backup one day in the NFL. 

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

It seems like it, honestly. Looking back, some signs like the combine and his weird weight hijinx should have been bigger red flags. Refusing to participate but doing a secret weigh-in where he weighed clearly 30 lbs more than he ever had before, etc.

I gave him more chances than 95% of the huddle but seeing him return to the field this year having regressed was the end for me

If you just simply added the red flags and green flags...the decision to not chose him was pretty easy... 

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Bryce's parents or anyone close to him can't possibly be shocked by this can they? He has been so awful bad for so long now I just don't get how it came as a shock? If I were them I would be talking life up to him telling him "Son you are now making millions and getting the best tickets in the stadium to watch the game for free. Heck, they are even going toet you wear the uniform and run out the tunnel each game". 

Bryce being a crap QB means nothing at this point. He has already won at life and made millions and if his career ends he leaves with his full health and memories. Hopefully his parents aren't too upset. I would be ecstatic if my boy were offered millions to be a backup one day in the NFL. 

I mean if I could be an NFL QB, I’ve always argued the best job belonged to a former Clemson Tiger.  2006-2016.  Decade of employment in the NFL.  20 million for 2 wins. 

Clipboard Jesus.  Charlie Whitehurst.  Cool nickname, health and no pressure. Just call the plays in.  That’s the job I’d take lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I think this is the first time he has faced true adversity in his life. He's always had it made going to Mater dey high school to Alabama. He's always been around people praising him, now it's all criticism. Time to take a hard look in the mirror.

Well, from a human level I hope he deals with it okay.  Bryce had mental health concerns at Bama.  Seems like just a solid human.  Being a solid backup QB is a nice life.  He isn’t the first top QB prospect in the last several years to flame out.  It’s frankly normal. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I was shocked at how itchy he looked in his post-game interview.

He always does that when nervous. …plays with his hair. 

Annoying as hell. There are some who do these types of things to calm themselves 

not to mention’super’ is his favorite adjective 

The only time he wasn’t post game was GB