• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before you get your hopes too high...

t96

4 hours ago, t96 said:

Yes we are all rejoicing not having to watch the midget play, and yes he deserves the Eric Cartman treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTcGDIJPYcc

But let's snap back to reality here. We were outscored by 60 (SIXTY) points in weeks 1 and 2. Average 30 point loss. Maybe Dalton helps us shave off 20 of those points, I'd consider that a huge success. Still an average 10 point loss. This team still sucks. Don't try to kill reality:

I don't think they are doing this expecting to turn the team around, I do think they will win a few games now and will play more competitive.   At the very least the football will hopefully be a little more fun to watch.  They made this move because Bryce has been so bad that he makes it impossible to evaluate the rest of the players to see what they've got.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, t96 said:

Yes we are all rejoicing not having to watch the midget play, and yes he deserves the Eric Cartman treatment:

But let's snap back to reality here. We were outscored by 60 (SIXTY) points in weeks 1 and 2. Average 30 point loss. Maybe Dalton helps us shave off 20 of those points, I'd consider that a huge success. Still an average 10 point loss. This team still sucks. Don't try to kill reality:

Last year, the Panthers looked like an NFL team twice, for 1.5 games. One of those games was when Dalton played, the other was the second half against Green Bay. 

Under Wilks, the Panthers were also able to gain a sense of normalcy for a team that looked like it sucked. 

Posts like this remind me that people here do not understand football. Offense, defense, and special teams are not played in a vacuum. The success and failure, of each unit is dependent upon that of the other units. As it relates to defense, you cannot expect a group to continuously make stops, hold the other team to field goals, and force turnovers when your offense gains a single first down in the first half. Not 3rd down conversion, a first down. 

you are going to be surprised at how much more cohesive the entire team looks with an offense run by a veteran, under Canales who has proven wholly capable of what he’s being tasked with. 

My best guess is that Dalton throws for between 245 and 300 yards, one or two touchdowns, and Johnson has his first 100 yard game as a Panther. Chubba and Miles will combine for over 100 yards rushing, and everyone stops talking about Bryce. We invested a ton of money in the offensive line, and have sufficient weapons for a competent quarterback to win games. 

So long as Tepper stays out of it, I think Bryce’s last start was Sunday. He is gone, and I don’t think any other team will start him, or even make him a back-up. What he has isn’t fixable, and it isn’t the Panthers fault. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, t96 said:

Dude, I'm just happy we might see a 20 yard pass. 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Yeah, need to keep in mind Andy Dalton isn’t a good QB at this point in his career.  Just better than Bryce.

also….

Not developing him? Young does not have an NFL arm -- neither in strength nor accuracy. HOW can you develop a player like that?

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, we're still in all likelihood gonna suck hard. I just want to see something different. Watching an NFL QB who completely lacks the ability to throw the football effectively beyond the LOS is just absolutely deflating.

I am fine with this, as I’d still like to get a QB this draft. All I ever asked for this season was some competent play. I just want to be entertained, even if it’s for a quarter or half. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

When you constantly go 3 and out the D never gets a rest. Thats why they keep scoring on us.

I miss the old days when we had several good 6-8 minute drive. I remember keeping a drive alive almost the entire quarter the other teams offense only got the ball once. 

Nah man the d just sucks.  We have players starting that wouldn’t make 31 other rosters. 

• Poo 1

6 hours ago, t96 said:

2 of 22 on 3rd down is absolutely pathetic. The problem has been benched, I think we’ll see a big difference. 

• Pie 2