• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before you get your hopes too high...

t96

Oh, we will still lose, but might look like an actual NFL team.  The whole thing is hard to stomach since we sold the farm for a guy most of us saw was not talented enough.

I'll take some excitement in a loss, what we watched the last two weeks was abysmal.

Time to cut ties with Bust Young now.  He will never be what we need and will destroy the locker room if trotted back out there.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yes we are all rejoicing not having to watch the midget play, and yes he deserves the Eric Cartman treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTcGDIJPYcc

But let's snap back to reality here. We were outscored by 60 (SIXTY) points in weeks 1 and 2. Average 30 point loss. Maybe Dalton helps us shave off 20 of those points, I'd consider that a huge success. Still an average 10 point loss. This team still sucks. Don't try to kill reality:

I will say that for now, the Aints offense looks dominant. They abused Dallas as well. Not sure we can judge based on that game. In fact,we might have done a little better than Dallas in that we at least held them to fgs a couple of times in the first half.

I think we get to see how bad the Bryce effect really was. I don't care about wins this year. It's all about coaching guys up and getting the fat ready to cut while earning a top 5 pick. The team with a bust at QB wasn't watchable and other guys were put into constantly terrible positions, that had nothing to do with wins.  

Also no way Dalton last 15 games. I do not believe his arm has it in it anymore. But until he gives out we get so see what everyone else looks like. I'm excited for them to have a chance to prove anything now. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I honestly think we beat the Raiders this Sunday. Perfect spot for us - look like poo the 1st 2 weeks so the Raiders, who just beat the Ravens, won't take us seriously. Also really screws with them because they don't have tape on Dalton in Canales' offense.

The Raiders are also one of those teams that do well in the underdog role, not as a big favorite

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Pie 3

I mean everyone knows this.  Dalton is a backup for a reason.  I think people just want to watch a game that is at least sort of entertaining and watch the young receivers develop.  The games are just unwatchable right now.  This is how rock bottom we are, that losing games that are at least semi-entertaining is a big step up.

• Beer 2

Just now, Gapanthersfan said:

What makes me hopeful is: I can’t think of anyone currently on the starting O who is a straight up liability. 

The offense usually goes as the oline goes. 

This oline is legit as pass and run blockers. They are blowing guys off the ball in the run game, and forming a pretty consistent pocket for the QB. An experienced guy like Andy that doesn't give a "freak" about putting it up there just might eat in this situation. I don't think we know what we have in WRs right now. But if they're at least average, this offense could be a problem. Not "playoffs" problem, but more "in the game with anyone" problem. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, need to keep in mind Andy Dalton isn’t a good QB at this point in his career.  Just better than Bryce.

also….

All the offseason stuff lasted 1 play. Then it was back to Alabama ball. In the end there was nothing to develop at this level. Unfortunately they are keeping him #2 so here is another chance to make a miracle happen I guess