• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales presser

Captain Morgan

2 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Ummm, seeing how he forced Reich to draft Bryce, I would probably say otherwise. I think Tepper hired him hoping he could be the QB whisperer that fixed Baker, but Canales probably quickly realized there is no fixing Young. I honestly think Dalton is the day 1 starter if Bryce wasn't the #1 pick from last year that we traded a kings ransom to get and it was a true open competition in training camp/preseason.

Fitterer drafted Young and according to him and Reich they were all on board.

Everything else you wrote is your assumptions on what you think happened.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

How about we just quit with the Tepper is calling plays and deciding every draft pick stuff? Now Canales is a hero because he put Tepper in his place?

Occam’s razor would be wisely used here. Tepper didn’t force Young on Canales. Canales got hired to improve the team from last year’s disaster and determine if Young was the guy. Tepper and Canales met last week after the disaster and probably met this morning after another disaster and Canales confirmed to Tepper that Young is not our future. Now, I assume that Canales will be focusing on seeing what we have outside QB and Morgan, hopefully, is spending 90% of his time with scouts focusing on the next two draft classes of QBs.

Also, I think this change happened because I honestly think the locker room would have revolted if they kept trotting Bryce out there. Literally our top 2 receivers were pissed at Bryce and had to say some ho-hum I didn't mean nonsense.

I gotta imagine this is how the Jets felt last year with Zach Wilson at QB.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Tepper is a meddler it is what it is. We don't know how hands off he is currently it's still early in the season. But he's been having regular meetings with Canales and it's only week 3 so it's unlikely IMO that they never discussed benching the first overall pick the Panthers traded a fortune for.

Of course he’s having regular meetings. We literally just benched our 2023 #1 overall pick. Canales was hired for the exact same reasons that we all wanted to see happen in 2024. Figure out if Young could ever be the guy. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to think they likely saw the same poo all the announcers and fans saw. I agree that is 99.999% likely that Canales walked into Tepper’s office this morning and said, yep Tep, it’s as bad as we thought last week. The kid ain’t it and we need to move on and decide what we’ve got on this team and Dan’s gotta jump on the scouts and figure out the next QB.

12 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I think we improve dramatically offensively with Dalton, probably enough to push us out of a top five pick.

Don't care about next year's draft at this point. We almost have a full season left to play in 2024. Losers give up with 90% of a season left to play

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Also, I think this change happened because I honestly think the locker room would have revolted if they kept trotting Bryce out there. Literally our top 2 receivers were pissed at Bryce and had to say some ho-hum I didn't mean nonsense.

I gotta imagine this is how the Jets felt last year with Zach Wilson at QB.

Every single person who watched the first two weeks knows Young sucks. It’s been confirmed. Some of us thought it was obvious last year but we traded away a chance to dump Young this offseason so unlike Josh Rosen, he got a second year.

I think this is even worse than what the Jets felt. They felt like his mistakes were derailing a good team. If Wilson was on the Panthers last year instead, we probably wouldn’t be benching him right now. Wilson has the arm that Young dreams about. We do not have a playoff caliber team with Aaron Rodgers so we’d probably be more patient with Wilson to see if he could improve. Young has no physical ability to hope he can get better.