• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales presser

Captain Morgan

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

You guys got your wish but please post when you stop watching again. We might score some more but that just means teams may not take the foot off the gas like we’ve seen so far.

Which means we will actually be in a game, competing, maybe winning, nervous about a field goal, shouting at a dropped pass in the 4th quarter.

All of which is a huge improvement on the last couple of years. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

is it better for Bryce to sit back, watch learn?

I hope he shows up and works hard.  Not gonna get into a timeline

That literally sounds like he is fired, but he is a good guy and I wish him luck. Don’t know how it sounded but reading it it sounds like Canales is frustrated with Bryce and is just over trying to make him a good QB. 

It could be that Canales is a new HC and doesn't have his "coach speak" game up to par yet, but I was surprised how matter of fact and honestly final the decision sounded. I expected something along the lines of "We want to give Bryce a chance to take a step back and be able to sit and learn without the pressure of playing right now. Andy Dalton gives us the best chance to win right now and we think it'll benefit Bryce to watch how an established vet operates in a starting role." But the way Canales put it out there it honestly sounds like we've flat out turned the page. 

• Pie 6

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It could be that Canales is a new HC and doesn't have his "coach speak" game up to par yet, but I was surprised how matter of fact and honestly final the decision sounded. I expected something along the lines of "We want to give Bryce a chance to take a step back and be able to sit and learn without the pressure of playing right now. Andy Dalton gives us the best chance to win right now and we think it'll benefit Bryce to watch how an established vet operates in a starting role." But the way Canales put it out there it honestly sounds like we've flat out turned the page. 

that optimistic poo went out the window after just 2 games, kindof funny if you think about it

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

says he will keep the conversations private.

dodges question about if he talked to Tepper

Everyone is praising Canales for making this decision and I hope it is true, but I wonder.  (I am sure this has been said--did not read the threads about this yet) but we have Canales says Bryce is the QB with confidence certainty--watches film--meets with Tepper---now says Bryce is benched.  I hope it was not a directive from Tepper--but he was sitting in the stadium when the boos rang out during the first half of the home opener.  I am not certain that Canales realized the level of frustration he inherited--or the length of the leash.

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I agree with a lot of your takes but this is a football team that's made up of human beings.  This isn't Madden where you sim to the draft, man.  I'm not going nowhere either.

I'm guessing he's pro tank. Perfectly fine to feel that way and given our history I understood the sentiment. Completely unrealistic though given there are real lives and careers involved in this.

• Pie 1

Good for Canales and he earned lots of respect from me.  Now the ball is in Bryce's court to either man up and try to win the job back or pout and vanish.  Nothing is given to anyone these days and especially at the pro level.  

I wouldn't want to play the Panthers this weekend because I think they are going to be pumped up.  

Just now, frankw said:

I'm guessing he's pro tank. Perfectly fine to feel that way and given our history I understood the sentiment. Completely unrealistic though given there are real lives and careers involved in this.

There isn't a player or coach in this league that is pro tank.  That's understandable if you want the #1 pick locked in, but that's not the NFL.  That's not pro sports.  Sorry.

• Beer 2

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

I agree with a lot of your takes but this is a football team that's made up of human beings.  This isn't Madden where you sim to the draft, man.  I'm not going nowhere either.

I’m aware and maybe I like the draft more than most, probably because we’ve been picking top 10 for a while now and we have been getting worse.

All the human beings on this team would be fine if we had Stroud instead of Young and if we get a franchise QB in the next two drafts the culture will magically improve. Wins change culture. Ron still lost the team at the end of 2018 and 2019 with our top culture guys still on the team.

Maybe it’s just me but watching this team go 3-14 instead of 1-16 doesn’t excite me that much. What excites me is that maybe we get that stud QB we desperately need. Young would sting a shitload less if we didn’t also give up the chance at Williams, Daniels or Maye or picking 9th. Also, not having a chance at Stroud if we didn’t trade up are the things that bother me more.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Everyone is praising Canales for making this decision and I hope it is true, but I wonder.  (I am sure this has been said--did not read the threads about this yet) but we have Canales says Bryce is the QB with confidence certainty--watches film--meets with Tepper---now says Bryce is benched.  I hope it was not a directive from Tepper--but he was sitting in the stadium when the boos rang out during the first half of the home opener.  I am not certain that Canales realized the level of frustration he inherited--or the length of the leash.

I don't think Canales thought there was any chance Tepper was going to give his blessing to bench Bryce this early when he gave that answer yesterday. Trust and believe benching Bryce after these two games isn't something you'd have to force on a coach.

• Pie 2