• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales presser

Captain Morgan

10 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

How great would it be if Canales did this "off script" and never told Tepper. Canales would be my hero if that was the case.

How about we just quit with the Tepper is calling plays and deciding every draft pick stuff? Now Canales is a hero because he put Tepper in his place?

Occam’s razor would be wisely used here. Tepper didn’t force Young on Canales. Canales got hired to improve the team from last year’s disaster and determine if Young was the guy. Tepper and Canales met last week after the disaster and probably met this morning after another disaster and Canales confirmed to Tepper that Young is not our future. Now, I assume that Canales will be focusing on seeing what we have outside QB and Morgan, hopefully, is spending 90% of his time with scouts focusing on the next two draft classes of QBs.

• Pie 8

Just now, WhoKnows said:

How about we just quit with the Tepper is calling plays and deciding every draft pick stuff? Now Canales is a hero because he put Tepper in his place?

Occam’s razor would be wisely used here. Tepper didn’t force Young on Canales. Canales got hired to improve the team from last year’s disaster and determine if Young was the guy. Tepper and Canales met last week after the disaster and probably met this morning after another disaster and Canales confirmed to Tepper that Young is not our future. Now, I assume that Canales will be focusing on seeing what we have outside QB and Morgan, hopefully, is spending 90% of his time with scouts focusing on the next two draft classes of QBs.

Ummm, seeing how he forced Reich to draft Bryce, I would probably say otherwise. I think Tepper hired him hoping he could be the QB whisperer that fixed Baker, but Canales probably quickly realized there is no fixing Young. I honestly think Dalton is the day 1 starter if Bryce wasn't the #1 pick from last year that we traded a kings ransom to get and it was a true open competition in training camp/preseason.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Reading between the lines: "Yes I asked Tepper but he agreed with me."

Yep. I don’t know why people cling to the thought that Tepper will die on the Young hill and is forcing him on every coach. I’m pretty sure that a) Tepper has been terrible at deciding GMs and coaches and b) just wants to win. After weeks 1 and 2 and a full offseason of bulking up that the entire front office knows Young is not the guy. Maybe he could improve decision making but that would take too long or never happen and his physical limitations mean that even if he ever got to a great mental level, he still can’t make SB winning throws.

Just now, scratched said:

Why? What can Tepper do? Fire him? 

Tepper is a meddler it is what it is. We don't know how hands off he is currently it's still early in the season. But he's been having regular meetings with Canales and it's only week 3 so it's unlikely IMO that they never discussed benching the first overall pick the Panthers traded a fortune for.

• Beer 1