• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales presser

Captain Morgan

Mike Kaye
@mike_e_kaye
·
5s
Dave Canales said this is his decision on Young. He spoke with Tilis and Morgan and got the opinions of those who matter.

He won’t put a timeline on Dalton’s QB1 spot. #Panthers

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
1m
In announcing the benching of Bryce Young, Panthers coach Dave Canales says, "We feel like Andy [Dalton] gives us our best chance going forward." Asked about front office/ownership input, Canales adds, "This is my decision."

Joe Person
@josephperson
·
3m
Dave Canales not divulging any of the details about what went into the decision. Keeps repeating it was best move for the team.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

is it better for Bryce to sit back, watch learn?

I hope he shows up and works hard.  Not gonna get into a timeline

Wow, if that isn't a "I give up on this bum" type of answer, I don't know what is. This is leading me to believe that he hasn't been working hard if a coach says this during a presser

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

How great would it be if Canales did this "off script" and never told Tepper. Canales would be my hero if that was the case.

Up all night dealing with a storm. Woke up too late to catch the start of the PC but dayum.

For all we know Tepper told him. I agree though, if Canales has those kinds of ball he's my guy.

This does't feel like a victory, I am a little sad for the kid despite the torment of him being a Panther and the cost of it.

But it is nice to look forward to a game where the team has an NFL tested QB. That passed the test.

Edited by strato

2 minutes ago, Buckets said:

This decision and accountability from Canales gives me a lot of confidence in him as the Head Coach moving forward 

Got right to the point, straight-forward, and moving on 

Same.  Was refreshing to hear him say it’s his responsibility to be absolutely critical of what they put in tape and acknowledge that he said Bryce was still the QB before watching film and that after he did, Andy straight up gives us the better chance to win. No bullshit and straight to the point.