• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where Would We Be Right Now if We Had Drafted CJ Stroud instead of Bryce Young??

Hoenheim

14 minutes ago, strato said:

"They" is like media and stans. I heard so much of Bryce Young Drew Brees cope, oops comp, and finally looked hard at Brees. Even after watching him kill us for years I probably didn't know his height weight etc. They aren't a physical comp at all. 

They never were which made the comp that much funnier. He looked like Wilson but playing on a much better team so his lack of talent stood out to me. I bet if Young went to NCstate he wouldn't have even been drafted in the 3rd like Wilson. 

Brees is an interesting study and he didn't look like a world beater his rookie year but the injury and trade while building himself up all played there parts. It was always a lazy comp, just like all his draft evaluations were lazy and looking comical at this point. 

Edited by Waldo

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

They never were which made the comp that much funnier. He looked like Wilson but playing on a much better team so his lack of talent stood out to me. I bet if Young went to NCstate he wouldn't have even been drafted in the 3rd like Wilson. 

Brees is an interesting study and he didn't look like a world beater his rookie year but the injury and trade while building himself up all played there parts. It was always a lazy comp, just like all his draft evaluations were lazy and looking comical at this point. 

Yeah and the scramble to decide whether to double down or give it up is on in the media and observer-verse.

There is a lot to learn and file away for the future by watching what they say now. And i don't mean just Bryce Young. In general 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, strato said:

Yeah and the scramble to decide whether to double down or give it up is on in the media and observer-verse.

There is a lot to learn and file away for the future by watching what they say now. And i don't mean just Bryce Young. In general 

Here is a hint. Turn off the volume at draft time. It's almost all space filling BS with agent fingers in every pie. The film says enough and the only stuff you can't see is the personality stuff. The rest is big money fluff. There are some good breakdowns out there but it's all fringe that I can remember. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It’s hard to say a win total but the team would have definitely been competitive and some of the injuries guys had may not have lingered for as long.

Out defense actually kept us in quite a few games last year and with any semblance of competent QB play they would have resulted in victories.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Here is a hint. Turn off the volume at draft time. It's almost all space filling BS with agent fingers in every pie. The film says enough and the only stuff you can't see is the personality stuff. The rest is big money fluff. There are some good breakdowns out there but it's all fringe that I can remember. 

Bro I don't sweat much but the 1st rounder. It was the magnitude of the trade that forced me to pay attention.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, strato said:

Bro I don't sweat much but the 1st rounder. It was the magnitude of the trade that forced me to pay attention.

What I meant was don't listen to it because it's brain rot. It seeps in. The trade is what made me go watch some film. I never tune in to the 'experts' at draft time anymore. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

What I meant was don't listen to it because it's brain rot. It seeps in. The trade is what made me go watch some film. I never tune in to the 'experts' at draft time anymore. 

Yeah. I don't. I use them for their film. I do look for myself before I start yapping hard about something.

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, strato said:

I have done that so many times in this little galaxy here. But once again... in probably different words but there are only so many ways you can explain un-athletic by league standards, tiny by league standards, vs not. If a person doesn't want to look at the way things are, I can't keep doing it for them. 

Stroud has a better outcome in any NFL environment, great or horrible because he is a better passer with NFL size. 

Give them the same roster, he will beat Young out head to head. He is a fit for the league and Young does not fit the league. 

I don't see anyone arguing for bryce right now. Fact of the matter, is that his confidence is destroyed.  He doesn't trust the oline. He doesn't even play like he did in college. 

Yes, Stroud probably would have don't better, yet this team was a disaster last year too. So I don't believe for 1 moment that our losing season would have not been a losing season. 

Yes, his size is not what we see in the NFL.  Doesn't change that he was running for his life all last season. Stroud would have had to run for his life too. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't see anyone arguing for bryce right now. Fact of the matter, is that his confidence is destroyed.  He doesn't trust the oline. He doesn't even play like he did in college. 

Yes, Stroud probably would have don't better, yet this team was a disaster last year too. So I don't believe for 1 moment that our losing season would have not been a losing season. 

Yes, his size is not what we see in the NFL.  Doesn't change that he was running for his life all last season. Stroud would have had to run for his life too. 

they aren’t arguing so much here but out in general there are a ton of people still freshly shocked and using the same excuses they used last year. Different coach’s name. 
Talking heads saying oh he has no protection and the…. We it’s the same basically. 
There are still strays that are lurking here and pop in to take a shot. 

I wasn’t trying to say CJ takes us to a winning record last year. There were limits. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, strato said:

they aren’t arguing so much here but out in general there are a ton of people still freshly shocked and using the same excuses they used last year. Different coach’s name. 
Talking heads saying oh he has no protection and the…. We it’s the same basically. 
There are still strays that are lurking here and pop in to take a shot. 

I wasn’t trying to say CJ takes us to a winning record last year. There were limits. 

It was obvious to me in yesterday's game. That bryce isn't even looking down field.  His focus is on the line.  He's feeling pressure when there is no pressure.  His lack of confidence is preventing him from making simple decisions like throwing the ball away.  

His size isn't desirable,  although he's not even trying to play to his strengths. 

He's probably done in Carolina.