• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young benched

Jackie Lee

6 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

If this doesn’t officially make him a bust I don’t know what will. I’m excited to watch this team with competent QB play to get a proper evaluation on the roster and staff 

We saw it in week 3 of last year when Dalton came in due to an ankle injury and we almost beat Seattle in their own stadium. Dalton with the same group of receivers Young had put up over 300 yds in passing. Yes we can play well when we have a QB behind center who knows what they are doing.

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I was really pulling for Bryce to work out, looks like the ineptness of this franchise has claimed another victim. I’m sure all the haters who didn’t like Bryce to begin with will be celebrating.

why should they be celebrating. They should have sat Young down and let him watch for a year and learn. The management failed Young in allowing him to start the season. Should have kept Sam for his first year so he could watch and learn.

2 hours ago, Wanderlai said:

Mistake. I’ve known he is a bust since early last season but bench him now? Ride him to the #1 pick. That’s the least he can do to pay the franchise back. The QB whisperer did his magic in 2 games??? Maybe he sucks to. This franchise is beyond pathetic. 

That'd basically be a big "f--k you" to every other player on the team, especially guys who are in the last years of their career. 

Not exactly a good thing for guys that are just starting out either. You have people for whom this season might be their only chance to catch on. Screwing those people over is bad business.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, t96 said:

I don't agree it's "much better." Bryce has been absolutely god awful, but the D has also allowed the most points in the league and as bad as Bryce is there has not been a single bright spot from the offense around him. OL is yet to be seen, yes I saw the stat on pressures but it paints an incomplete picture considering Bryce panic checkdowns so quickly. I'm not sold on Canales' scheme yet either. We will know much more following Sunday's game with Dalton starting. This year's team might be better than last year, but I'm not convinced yet.

I strictly mean the receivers and o-line. The defense is definitely worse. 

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Dave Canales sure didn't sound like a guy that thought benching Bryce on the table. 

I personally think David Tepper is done w/ Bryce Young.  Tepper has a billion flaws.  Acquiring Bryce highlights many of them.  But people uniquely painted Tepper as someone that was fixated on sticking with Bryce. 

Tepper dumps people quick.  And hard.  That literally is David Tepper in a nutshell. Given what Bryce cost....this is quick.  I think it's Tepper.    

you may be right 

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Dave Canales sure didn't sound like a guy that thought benching Bryce on the table. 

I personally think David Tepper is done w/ Bryce Young.  Tepper has a billion flaws.  Acquiring Bryce highlights many of them.  But people uniquely painted Tepper as someone that was fixated on sticking with Bryce. 

Tepper dumps people quick.  And hard.  That literally is David Tepper in a nutshell. Given what Bryce cost....this is quick.  I think it's Tepper.    

This was my first thought as well, tepper not only heard the boos, *but the wine and cheese PSLers got to him about not wanting any part of BY. The clear #1 reason for any tepper decision=$$$$$$$. Loads of long term PSL had already dropped them, it closes to point when you lose more by playing him than worry about benching him. 

I forgot who, (but 20/20 and all) but one of the WFNZ guest had a brilliant idea about BY. He said last week and before the seasons start- the smart play was to treat this like another rookie year and sit BY for the first few games. He mention how hard it was to learn one offense playbook and now BY had to learn two along with new voices, coaches, and teammates. Give BY a soft reset and allow him back into lineup when the flow was right. I didnt agree or disagree, nor thought it was smart.....but now....this was the correct method to solving the QB problem. 

My question is now- When Dave interviewed for this job, he had to say "I can fix him"....Now just 2 games and he failed, what now?

Lets say dalton does a tiny bit better, but team still goes 1-16 or 0-17. Hes lost the lockerroom and 31st-32nd in all offense ranks while the defense is 18-23rd. No fans in the bank nor at the road games, Does tepper go tepper and fire him at seasons end?

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My question is now- When Dave interviewed for this job, he had to say "I can fix him"....Now just 2 games and he failed, what now?

Lets say dalton does a tiny bit better, but team still goes 1-16 or 0-17. Hes lost the lockerroom and 31st-32nd in all offense ranks while the defense is 18-23rd. No fans in the bank nor at the road games, Does tepper go tepper and fire him at seasons end?

Yeah i'm curious as to what's the use of this young QB whisperer. Maybe he's like I gotta show Tepper I know how to coach first and then we can get back on the fixing Bryce thing? 

8 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

"Canales decided to make a change"

I *hope* this was a Canales decision. I'd ask for proof, but the fact that any decision was made is a positive move in general

My thought is I think Canales is using the weekly Tepper meetings to his advantage. He had to give Bryce a chance and be on board with the “Franchise QB” so he has said and done the right thing from day one.  He may have made the final decision but me thinks he got the blessing from above. 

translation: Logic prevails and Tepper is admitting defeat on this one.