• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young benched

Jackie Lee

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I was really pulling for Bryce to work out, looks like the ineptness of this franchise has claimed another victim. I’m sure all the haters who didn’t like Bryce to begin with will be celebrating.

I'm celebrating because I'm positively surprised that we made the right call here. I'm genuinely shocked we aren't sunk cost fallacy-ing this and sticking with Bryce. 

We have to move on. We're taking the biggest L in the history of the NFL. But it had to be done. And the sooner the better. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, electro's horse said:

you have to release him.

you can't bench him and not. i don't know i can't really explain it. like when they moved on from Jake they had to release him, not just bench him.

I seriously doubt anybody would trade for him, especially not if Dalton looks even halfway decent this Sunday.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

Okay now if Dalton comes out and throws for another 300+ and even wins the game does the team trot Bryce back out afterwards??

I mean after all, if Dalton does that surely that means Bryce could too right??

You bench a starter, you leave him benched.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Bryce has always came off as a 'coach's son' to me. I feel like he's had a lot of his success come easily, and much of it was probably pushed for by people around him, his parents. This year, the way his demeanor has appeared, I don't know if he really loves the game. He seems legitimately depressed when I see him suited up. He doesn't look like he wants to be out there.

In the off-season he stated that he spent much of his free time away from football. He just did 'normal' things, watched movies, Netflix, shopped a bit, and was a 'homebody' (you can search for the articles talking about this if you want to source it). It wouldn't surprise me if he just walked away from the game entirely, and that's okay.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Had to be done. He's playing so poorly you can't evaluate and develop you players otherwise.  Defense is always on the field so you can't truly judge them, and the line is blocking and guys look like their getting open but can't get the ball.

If he's truly the problem we replace him with a guy next year(Cam Ward) and build around him

Edited by Clicheking

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes he is.

I don't expect this to suddenly turn the Panthers into a good team but the reality is that Young just isn't an NFL quarterback.

It was always going to be an uphill battle with him no matter what due to the inferior physical tools. Was a bad pick at that spot from the start that looks even worse now. 

• Pie 1