• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young benched

Jackie Lee

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So let me get this straight - they brought in ZERO competition for Young this offseason and have benched him after two games?

This franchise, I fuging swear to god. 

It looks that way. It appears the FO had more faith in Young than even I did. I was hoping for a miracle even though I knew better. But had it been my decision I certainly would have gotten a better plan b.

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sounds like his mommy and daddy are very upset! lol

The new coaching staff is irrelevant. He has played worse than a high school QB. The heavily invested in OL has been giving him time to make plays and he has been getting himself sacked or throwing it to the other team whenever he attempts anything other than a screen.

Edited by Billy Goat

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So let me get this straight - they brought in ZERO competition for Young this offseason and have benched him after two games?

This franchise, I fuging swear to god. 

They didn't need competition; we have one of the better backup QBs in the NFL. Unless they were going to take a QB in the 1st round there was no point in drafting some 3rd round half-measure.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sounds like his mommy and daddy are very upset! lol

this is what i mean when i reference the Alabama qb propaganda poo.

bringing the family (those close to him) into the story about being benched is a college move. this is something you do like praying hard, speaking to close advisors, etc before you enter the transfer portal. this matters in college football because coaches have to sell the families of recruits, not just the player.

in the nfl, no one gives a hot gay fug what your parents. you're a grown as man now dude, you've got millions in the bank, no one gives a poo if you're mom is upset.

my fuging god

• Pie 4

49 minutes ago, DrowsyJungle said:

Hard to feel inspired on D when you know the offense is historically bad.

Hard to play a strong defensive game when you're on the field all the time. Carolina has converted 2 3rd downs in their last two games. And as you pointed out, how can you give it your all for the entire game when you know once the other team scores more than 10 points you have no chance of winning?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

There is no quarterback worthy of a Top 3 or 4 pick in this class anyway. 

People keep talking about Ewers but he’s not getting his job back and he likely transfers to finish his college career at Miami or something under Shannon Dawson’s air raid. 

Beck plays on the most talented team in the country and still manages to look average. 

Sanders looks good, has good mobility, consistency, precision, and arm strength and may be the only one I’d consider taking high. 

I also think Kyle McCord will rocket up draft boards in the offseason. He’s a pro typical dude that had enough of the Ohio State nonsense. Michigan was otherworldly the last two years and he was treated like garbage. 

I don’t want to take a QB in this draft, I want the #1 pick so we can hopefully trade back 5 spots or so and pick up additional draft assets to fill all those holes

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1