• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young benched

Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

"Canales decided to make a change"

I *hope* this was a Canales decision. I'd ask for proof, but the fact that any decision was made is a positive move in general

No doubt this is a Canales decision. Tepper would have never benched Bryce after all we invested in him unless the HC (and possibly the GM as well) came to him and said "this HAS to be done."

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

No doubt this is a Canales decision. Tepper would have never benched Bryce after all we invested in him unless the HC (and possibly the GM as well) came to him and said "this HAS to be done."

No doubt those boos at home didn't hurt either. I really think some key players spoke up too. It had to be done. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, KaseKlosed said:

Andy Dalton is not better than Bryce Young. You'll see. Panthers are not a QB away from competing. We are a good 5-6 players and a legit coach away. 

Andy Dalton is better than Bryce Young. I think most UFL QBs are at this point.

The Panthers are not a QB away, and yes probably are a good 5-6 players away from being competitive, but we are a functional QB away from not being the complete and total embarrassment we've seen the last 2 weeks.

The defense will still struggle. We likely won't win more than 3-4 games, but we'll at least be good enough to know where we need to improve to actually be competitive in the long-term. With Bryce we were not going to get a fair evaluation of the receivers, the OL or this coaching staff.

Dalton at least gives is that.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It was Bryce or bust this season.  Obviously they weren't taking the possibility of bust seriously enough. 

So let me get this straight - they brought in ZERO competition for Young this offseason and have benched him after two games?

This franchise, I fuging swear to god. 

• Flames 1