• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young benched

Jackie Lee

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Bro, he is pathetic in the same way most other 5’10 dudes of average build would be pathetic on a football field. At some point, heart and effort don’t account for poo. 

He doesn’t physically have the tools. If Bryce was 6’3, he would probably be on the same plane as Stroud, but he isn’t. He’s 5’10, 180 lbs, in full football gear. That is like me showing up to the stadium. I can also throw a football about 55 yards in the air. 

That doesn’t make me an NFL quarterback though. 

Agreed, the heart thing tends to be overblown. He just doesn't have the tools. 

27 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Passing for 2 TDs and moving the offense for 27 points isn't too bad for the backup in his first action of the season.  You know, for the guy that hardly gets any first team reps and usually just hold a clipboard.  ZERO picks in those 58 attempts as well.  Has Bryce ever gone a span of 58 passes without a pick?

Dalton threw for more TDs (2) and scored more points (27) in his one start in 2023 than Bryce has in his last 4 starts: TD (0), Points (13)

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

The only thing is Dalton might be rusty. But this should be a much better team than was around him in his one start last season. I gotta believe that Thielen and his fellow receivers are relieved that a real life QB will be throwing the ball.

I don't agree it's "much better." Bryce has been absolutely god awful, but the D has also allowed the most points in the league and as bad as Bryce is there has not been a single bright spot from the offense around him. OL is yet to be seen, yes I saw the stat on pressures but it paints an incomplete picture considering Bryce panic checkdowns so quickly. I'm not sold on Canales' scheme yet either. We will know much more following Sunday's game with Dalton starting. This year's team might be better than last year, but I'm not convinced yet.

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't agree it's "much better." Bryce has been absolutely god awful, but the D has also allowed the most points in the league and as bad as Bryce is there has not been a single bright spot from the offense around him. OL is yet to be seen, yes I saw the stat on pressures but it paints an incomplete picture considering Bryce panic checkdowns so quickly. I'm not sold on Canales' scheme yet either. We will know much more following Sunday's game with Dalton starting. This year's team might be better than last year, but I'm not convinced yet.

Hard to feel inspired on D when you know the offense is historically bad.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

The line has provided enough protection from pressure for Bryce to have had success if he was getting the ball out in 2.7 seconds like Canales has said he wanted. Problem is that Bryce either bails from a clean pocket, can't see over the line, or holds on to the ball too long and the protection inevitably breaks down. Our WRs have been getting NFL open but Bryce can't get it to them, and it's not for lack of protection this time.

As for the defense, the only hope they have is that Dalton can sustain drives and put points on the board so there's not so much pressure on them to be perfect.

Edited by travisura
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

Not sure if you watched the game yesterday but the D played well enough to win.  The Saints blew up the Cowboys too so I'm not sure they're as bad as we all thought.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tepper is actually ok with this - he probably wants to see if it's truly Young that is a lost cause, or if the investment made into the offensive side of the ball this season was a waste of $ (and whether or not his handpicked QB guru coach actually knows what he's doing).

Agree💯 it’s impossible to evaluate the offense with QB play being what it is. I think Tepper had no choice but to concur with this decision.