• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young benched

Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Andy Dalton is not better than Bryce Young. You'll see. Panthers are not a QB away from competing. We are a good 5-6 players and a legit coach away. 

Andy Dalton looked way better in 1 start than Bryce did in 19 games... Granted, I think I could go to a random no-name FCS school and see a better QB, so that isn't saying much.

Nobody here thinks we are now a superbowl contender by going to Dalton. But now, we have hopes of being within single digits late in the game; not being down 30 and knowing that even if they played an extra 10 quarters Bryce would never lead the team to 30 points.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Andy Dalton is not better than Bryce Young. You'll see. Panthers are not a QB away from competing. We are a good 5-6 players and a legit coach away. 

I don't think anyone is expecting us to win much this is about developing the roster nothing more.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Had to be done. I'm actually looking forward to the Raiders game now. Having said that it could hurt our chances of drafting a QB next year. The team has a legit shot at winning games now.

What is in our water in Carolina? These posts reminf me of the surprise the league posts 2 weeks ago. After 2 disastrous weeks we all know Tepper is the issue. Now our fan base is looking forward to a 37yr old Dalton. Man Tepper has destroyed us.

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Now is the time to get a real good evaluation of this entire team. Is our defense playing like crap because our offense can't score? Are our WRs really that bad? Does special teams suck because of our offense? Tune in next Sunday to find out!!! 

The defense is playing like crap because most of the players on D aren't worth a crap. And that is something we knew when we lost as much talent as we did and spent all of our FA money on offense.

I could care less about the D - what I want to see is how good our receivers/TEs/RBs/oline will look now that they have a somewhat competent QB back there.

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

Maybe, we'll see. I think this would be much more likely if Dalton and Young were competing for the starting job from day 1 of the offseason (which Dalton would've won and then he could build chemistry with our new OL and receivers, of which we have many). And while I have nothing against Dalton, if we had gone into this offseason viewing Young as a guy competing for a job and not a guy being handed the job we could have a better option to go to, or start with -- a Minshew, Darnold type.

I was calling all off-season to add a Minshew, Tyrod, or Brissette to compete with him.

Guys like that are WINNING games like that this year, nevermind competing.

At least Dalton will have us competing. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Navy_football said:

That's true, but the oline alone is light years better. I didn't think we could judge Bryce's performance mostly because of them. He doesn't have that excuse this season.

If Cam had this oline in 2015, he would still be playing after winning a Super Bowl in a blow out. 

I mean you are your record in football and the Panthers record means they suck just as badly as they did last year at this point. And it's not just the offense as the defense and special teams have been giving up big plays as well.