• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young benched

Jackie Lee

1 minute ago, scratched said:

Crazy to think we are to the point we are happy to have Andy Dalton as our starting QB. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited too! Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

62.5% completions, 38511 passing yards, 246 Passing TD  144  INT 83W 78 L 2 Ties for Daltons career stats.

Not spectacular by any means but he's a very solid stable QB who is at least average - decent and proven he's not a scrub. More than good enough to evaluate Canales offense imo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Worth noting we should not lose our poo on Canales if the offense isn't great now either. Dalton has been put on a bit of pedestal here by the anti Bryce and we forget who he really is, an old backup at this point. 

I wonder if a trade is in play for him?

Dalton will do fine in this offense. The oline is MUCH better than last year. Much, much, much better! No excuses for Bryce these last 2 games. I don't think Dalton would have made it through the season last year. The protection is there now. There were plays to be made Sunday. He just refused to throw the ball. He's broken. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

Is this the last we see of Young? 

I think so. No way you switch back. There is 0 evidence he can improve. If anything I think they start getting Plummer up to speed or pick up a PS QB and let him play. I cannot see Dalton going the rest of the season. 

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

It had to be done. Glad we can move forward and now we can see what the roster and staff look like under different circumstances.

This.

It’s not about wanting Andy Dalton to be the starting QB of the Panthers.  HELL NO.

There are 2nd and 3rd stringers I’d rather have.

But the franchise and fans HAVE to regain some faith.  Benching Bryce is the only option.  Make him earn another shot.  In the meantime, we have to at least COMPETE to save that locker room.

• Beer 1

I hate to hear anyone's lifelong dream being shattered, but it was time. This just wasn't working out and it wasn't going to work out. It's time to move on.

It's sad but you have to look at a #1 draft pick that already got one HC fired, was a second one looking down the barrel of that gun? Looks an awful lot like it would have been.

I wonder what the ration of #1 draft picks versus HCs fired works out to be over the history of the league? There's some rough math in there that probably doesn't bode well.

So, now, let's move on.