• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young faced the least pressure of any quarterback this week

TN05

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

FA is where I'm at. That or we pick from either Baker Mayfield or Teddy Bridgewater clones in the draft.  I'll pass on those.

There aren't many good vets available.  Right now I'm in trade down or premium pick and possibly draft whoever falls to round 2 if a decent QB does.  Honestly for a vet and people are going to probably not like this idea, but Mac Jones could be serviceable behind our OL with a good running game if we go the vet route...

42 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Is it all Bryce Young fault, No its not. Our WR's aren't getting Seperation soon enough. The play calling isn't effective. It's like we came with a game plan, maybe from film, but zero plan to adapt when the game plan doesn't work. We aren't maximizing our players, we're just running plays. It's Bryce Young ready, No!

what plays against separation....is the DBs aren't having to respect all the potential of a route.  I think to an extent in hindsight, Frank's operation saw some of that. 

Harder to get separation when DBs mentally know route they are defending is limited to only be able to threaten or be run in a handful of ways.  Which maybe we haven't talked enough about.  You line Johnson up outside with Big Ben throwing....DB has to think about all the things Johnson can do.  That helps separation occur.  Now insert Bryce, and the DB narrows down the options of the route and odds and over plays what is most likely going to occur....separation gets really tough there.  Doesn't matter how great you run routes......if the DB essentially can run the route. 

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

At least now we know Ickey wasn't the problem last season.  Hopefully we can salvage at least one first round pick.

Dude, Ily was legit awful last year. Just like the D can’t just blame Young for letting up 70+ points this year, Iky got beat so badly at times that even if Young caused some sacks, the pressure was still there due to Iky.

The OL looks much better this year. Last year the OL was bad and Young was bad. Now it’s mainly Young.

4.73 Air Yards per Attempt in his career, 5.4 YPA. Good freaking lord.

I saw this compared somewhere — we’re basically looking at the worst statistical performance in the modern era at the position. Zach Wilson annd Russell are better. The only one that touches close is Kyle Orton in 2005 for the Bears. 

Ignore the TD/INT ratio, if you really just look at the full picture, there is a strong argument this is the worst QB play in the history of the game.

• Beer 4

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

There aren't many good vets available.  Right now I'm in trade down or premium pick and possibly draft whoever falls to round 2 if a decent QB does.  Honestly for a vet and people are going to probably not like this idea, but Mac Jones could be serviceable behind our OL with a good running game if we go the vet route...

Too bad we're going to be picking probably in the 40's rather than 33 in the 2nd because we lost our 2025 2nd rounder in the Bryce trade on top of everything else. I think we have the Rams 2nd rounder

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

This was all Bryce Young. He has the yips real bad. Staring at open guys and just refuses to pull the trigger. Guys streaking down the field and won't throw it. He has the arm. He has the speed. He has the tools. He doesn't have the confidence right now.

he doesn't have the tools.  not for NFL conditions.  he has the tools for ideal conditions.  QBs can put ball in places and in certain scenarios that are off the table for Young. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Great vets, no.  But good ones, yes, there will be plenty.  Anything approaching .500 football would be a breath of fresh air.  That all starts with simply competent QB play.

12 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Dude, Ily was legit awful last year. Just like the D can’t just blame Young for letting up 70+ points this year, Iky got beat so badly at times that even if Young caused some sacks, the pressure was still there due to Iky.

The OL looks much better this year. Last year the OL was bad and Young was bad. Now it’s mainly Young.

The entire OL had issues last season, mostly due to interior line play.  The reason Morgan overspent on two guards.  My point is Ickey took most of the flack for Bryce and the OLs failures.  With a revamped interior, Ickey looks just fine, but the offensive struggles still continue.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Too bad we're going to be picking probably in the 40's rather than 33 in the 2nd because we lost our 2025 2nd rounder in the Bryce trade on top of everything else. I think we have the Rams 2nd rounder

Hey right now the Rams are 0-2 with Kupp and Puka injured.  Plus I think their OL is banged up.  Maybe they have a horrible year?

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

he doesn't have the tools.  not for NFL conditions.  he has the tools for ideal conditions.  QBs can put ball in places and in certain scenarios that are off the table for Young. 

CRA, we've seen him make those basic throws before. He's hesitating on basic throws. Just not seeing the field - at all. In the words of Sam Darnold, he's seeing ghosts out there. He's broken.