• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

S Fowler Boos and benching

raleigh-panther

23 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

To me, even with the crap play at the QB position, the O-Line has looked better than serviceable, they actually look decent and should only get better, baring injuries, the more they play together and gel.  The QB actually runs into sacks, and fakes hurries to scurry out of the pocket like a scared little miny mouse!  I have watched all the receivers get wide open, meaning more than NFL open, but if they are beyond 10 yards they can hang it up.  There is absolutely no way to grade any other player on offence!  Like I said last week, take the ball out of Bryce Youngs hands and the games will be closer.

I may get assaulted for saying this, but if Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold would have had this offensive line their time in Charlotte might have been different. While not great, this is a very competent offensive line. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

To me, even with the crap play at the QB position, the O-Line has looked better than serviceable, they actually look decent and should only get better, baring injuries, the more they play together and gel.  The QB actually runs into sacks, and fakes hurries to scurry out of the pocket like a scared little miny mouse!  I have watched all the receivers get wide open, meaning more than NFL open, but if they are beyond 10 yards they can hang it up.  There is absolutely no way to grade any other player on offence!  Like I said last week, take the ball out of Bryce Youngs hands and the games will be closer.

Yep, he continues to put himself into the pressure  

IMG_4320.jpeg

Edited by Towelboy
  • Flames 6

37 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Others have mentioned this, but you have to put Dalton in for a game or two just to see what you have on this roster. Who are the keepers? Is it worth giving an extension to Diontae Johnson?  Is Icky garbage or if there's a more savvy QB in the pocket, does he look a little better? 

Our offense certainly looked drastically different the one game he played last year.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I may get assaulted for saying this, but if Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold would have had this offensive line their time in Charlotte might have been different. While not great, this is a very competent offensive line. 

Extremely unlikely. The chaos that is causing our decline goes far beyond the QB position. 

If we replaced Bryce next week it wouldn't get dramatically enough better to truly matter.

This is a bad team loaded with bad players. It's a shaky, unproven coaching staff and a bad FO. Topped by the worst owner in sports.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Extremely unlikely. The chaos that is causing our decline goes far beyond the QB position. 

If we replaced Bryce next week it wouldn't get dramatically enough better to truly matter.

This is a bad team loaded with bad players. It's a shaky, unproven coaching staff and a bad FO. Topped by the worst owner in sports.

This^^^

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the offense would be dramatically better with a replacement level QB in there. The defense has been stripped for parts though and with the Brown injury, besides Horn (who's been solid but not shutdown) there isn't a single non-replacement level player.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

"Dating back to the end of last season, the Panthers have lost their most recent four games 26-0, 9-0, 47-10 and 26-3. They haven’t led a game for a single offensive play in the fourth quarter since the 2022 season (last year’s two wins came on final-play field goals)."

When you see it in print it just leaves you speechless.

There is bad and then there is whatever the hell this is. And the decision makers are content to see it through to the end lol.