• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worse To Watch: Jimmy Clausen Era or Bryce Young Era?

PantherBoy95

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Clausen was 1-9 as a starting QB. And, remember, he had nobody behind him. Tony Pike, Brian St.Pierre, Armanti Edwards was converted from a college QB, but wasn't ready for the NFL as a QB.

This version of Carolina is simply refusing to put players on the field who give them "the best chance to win." Andy Dalton obviously gives the Panthers a better chance to win.

Great point, I'm hoping if Bryce doesn't have a great game he has a horrible game this week.
Maybe then we at least give Dalton a look. 

This team isn't without talent, especially on Offense. Dalton starting from Week 1 at least could at least have you fighting for a wild card spot in those last few weeks.

Clausen at least attempted deep passes. Cam recently said that after Clausen wanted to charge an extreme amount of money for #2 jersey, Cam made it his mission to make everyone forget about Jimmy Clausen. I hope we can find a QB next year that will make it his mission to make us forget that BY ever existed. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Manna said:

Clausen at least attempted deep passes. Cam recently said that after Clausen wanted to charge an extreme amount of money for #2 jersey, Cam made it his mission to make everyone forget about Jimmy Clausen. I hope we can find a QB next year that will make it his mission to make us forget that BY ever existed. 

The greatest gift Clausen ever gave us was Cam in a #1 jersey.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 1

This is worse.

Atleast we knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and we also were able to identify any pieces of the puzzle worth holding on to. With this Bryce lead team, we don’t know what we have. We just know that we have a QB that isn’t it, and an ownership group that has shown they can’t get it done. 

32 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Thing about the Jimmy Clausen era is as bad as we were. There was hope at the end of the season. 
New coach, potentially new QB(Even though I remember people wanting to give Clausen another chance). There was hope. 

Right now with Bryce there is no hope. This team is the worst team I have ever seen play in my 27 years as a fan. 

I think the 1-15 team could beat this team. 

The 2023 team would beat this team. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

2 years of this and propping it up in year 2 has been so much worse. I also have zero faith this crew will make a Cam-eskpick in the draft after passing on Stroud.

At this point let’s keep Bryce going, get the number 1 pick. Get some stud player. Still keep young next year get number 1 pick again and draft Manning to change our future.

And the league needs to force Tepper to sell.