• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worse To Watch: Jimmy Clausen Era or Bryce Young Era?

PantherBoy95

I remember during the Jimmy Clausen days watching us struggle to even get a single 1st down. I've felt that's the bar for the worst play I've seen.
As time went on I forgot about those days a bit, and almost wondered if I even exaggerated how bad we were.

Then came this Bryce Young led team. I have that same exact feeling I had back then, where even just getting a first down feels like a breath of miraculous fresh air. 3 & Outs are the absolute norm, and we can barely get a play over 6 yards.

So I'm curious does this horrible experience surpass that of Clausen, or even the 1-15 Panthers teams for you yet?

I will also throw in the variable that is our horrible owner Tepper, his name should not go without mention.

• Pie 2

Thing about the Jimmy Clausen era is as bad as we were. There was hope at the end of the season. 
New coach, potentially new QB(Even though I remember people wanting to give Clausen another chance). There was hope. 

Right now with Bryce there is no hope. This team is the worst team I have ever seen play in my 27 years as a fan. 

I think the 1-15 team could beat this team. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Bryce is worse because we didn't have our #1 overall pick last year to replace him with a cam newton equivalent like what happened after Clausen failed in 2010.

It's even worse because of what was given up for Bryce + Tepper not admitting his sunk cost so we have to watch Bryce for more than 1 season .

Iirc Clausen didn't even play every game his rookie year in 2010.

Clausen was 1-9 as a starting QB. And, remember, he had nobody behind him. Tony Pike, Brian St.Pierre, Armanti Edwards was converted from a college QB, but wasn't ready for the NFL as a QB.

This version of Carolina is simply refusing to put players on the field who give them "the best chance to win." Andy Dalton obviously gives the Panthers a better chance to win.