• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so I've got to ask.. is it worth it being a fan of this team?

rayzor

Great memories going to games with the old man. Having Tepper people are just dreaming, just to many good people in the NFL for this to work out. I realized if my sone was going to want to go to games much less have fond memories I had to move on. With new owner and QB we went to Wash game yesterday. My son already loves Daniels and wants to go back. Mission accomplished. Of course I will hope from afar.

No, it is not worth it with Tepper as the owner.  I had faith in JR and this is what kept me around during the dark times.  I'm actively searching for a new team and don't feel guilty about it.  However, it is not easy to walk away from 30 years and I keep coming back to this dumpster fire for some sad reason.  

Just now, jtm said:

No, it is not worth it with Tepper as the owner.  I had faith in JR and this is what kept me around during the dark times.  I'm actively searching for a new team and don't feel guilty about it.  However, it is not easy to walk away from 30 years and I keep coming back to this dumpster fire for some sad reason.  

I might have to, as well. 

I'm not asking for a superbowl every year. I'm asking for them to respect my time. I'm asking for competency. We've progressively gotten worse over the past 7 years. No sign of getting better. Tepper has killed the culture that took 20 years to build. It doesn't even feel like the same franchise. It's a mockery of what used to be. 

And I still tune in each Sunday for some dumb reason. 

I'm a home team kind of guy. I'm not sure I can truly root for anybody else. I've endee up rooting for individual players like Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Allen. Or w/e is on my fantasy team. 

10 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I might have to, as well. 

I'm not asking for a superbowl every year. I'm asking for them to respect my time. I'm asking for competency. We've progressively gotten worse over the past 7 years. No sign of getting better. Tepper has killed the culture that took 20 years to build. It doesn't even feel like the same franchise. It's a mockery of what used to be. 

And I still tune in each Sunday for some dumb reason. 

I'm a home team kind of guy. I'm not sure I can truly root for anybody else. I've endee up rooting for individual players like Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Allen. Or w/e is on my fantasy team. 

The part that is so irritating to me is if the Panthers would have just kept their good players and stayed at pick 9 . . . we would have Levis, CMC, DJ Moore, Marvin Harrison Jr (or Caleb Williams), and Diontae Johnson.  These are elite playmakers and I'm not even getting into passing on two 1sts for Burns.   

Edited by jtm

I've been with this team since day 1, but lately my involvement consists of posting here, and watching them when they pop up on Red Zone (which isn't that often). Super Bowl 50 was a huge gut punch, and the Tepper regime has been a disaster. I'm at a Hornets level of caring, right now.

And the older I get, the less important any of this seems.

Not going to watch any more but I will say the only thing keeping my fandom "flame" from guttering out is I think Canales is the real deal. My only hope is he can keep the locker room together and get his QB next season, but I am worried being forced to start Bryce will be the snowball that starts the avalanche in the locker room. 

I’m still a fan. The only NFL I watch is the Panther and Bengals (one of my former basketball players plays for the Bengals).

I will watch the games unless the weather is good to go fishing. In the past, I’d watch no matter what. I’m not buying any gear, not even a pair of socks, until we move out of the bottom 5 most poorly run franchises in professional sports.