• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so I've got to ask.. is it worth it being a fan of this team?

rayzor

I completely understand and wholeheartedly relate to the conundrum.

Short answer is a resounding no.

But at this point in time it is best to just loosely follow the team have absolutely zero expectations and just laugh at the absurd incompetence.

If they don't give a poo there's no reason for us to get upset. They deserve ridicule and nothing less until they get their act together.

• Pie 3

I'm a Charlotte native and grew up going to games with my grandpa. My brother is a fan too, and he has an arrangement with a PSL holder for 4 games a year. Talking football with him keeps me kind of engaged. I will continue to pull for the team and hope it turns around. I can't really just turn that off. But I am not invested in the team anymore at all. There is nothing to be gained. We are the worst team in the NFL and it isn't close. Everybody that we play gives a half-ass effort and still dominates us. The games are really boring. I refuse to continue watching the boring football so I got red zone yesterday. It is not worth being an invested fan of this team.

I've been out of market for 8 years now so I've really just seen the brutal decline. I don't see every game anymore, never watched a snap yesterday. Until there's some actual changes I'll happily watch whatever else is on TV. However, I still follow the Panthers religiously online, it's a little too ingrained in me at this point which is fine. I really enjoy watching other NFL teams play so easy to ignore on actual Sundays lol.

56 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

As a Panther fan living in Houston, it is hard to stay interested.  My kids have switched over to watching the Texans.  I can't blame them.

To be honest, I find myself feeling a little embarrassed to be seen around town wearing my Panthers gear.  

This. I feel the same way living in Minnesota. Doesn’t help that the home team beat the niners yesterday with Sam Darnold

• Beer 1

I was going to start this same thread yesterday lol;
I grew up a die hard fan watching every season. Now that I'm older, and have other priorities, and a job that I am looking for a break from 5 days out of the week. It just doesn't feel like a great ROI watching this team feeling my mood sink with each game.

I'll always be a supporter/fan as a Charlotte native, but I can't justify spending 3+ hours of my only days off feeling myself get annoyed.  If we were losing but competitive, with some high flying plays I'd be all for it.  But this is just a miserable experience.

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

I completely understand and wholeheartedly relate to the conundrum.

Short answer is a resounding no.

But at this point in time it is best to just loosely follow the team have absolutely zero expectations and just laugh at the absurd incompetence.

If they don't give a poo there's no reason for us to get upset. They deserve ridicule and nothing less until they get their act together.

second-futurama.gif

• Beer 1

I’ve been a fan since day 1, and I don’t have any interest in other teams. I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel this time. In years past we could look forward to drafting better players, hiring better coaches etc, but I don’t think Tepp and the Mrs. are capable.

The team will continue to make money, so he’s unlikely to sell. I feel like our only hope is Tepper moving the team. When Shinn moved the Hornets I stopped watching the NBA and that’s been great. I know myself well enough to know that something like that is the only way I can stop watching the Panthers. It just sucks. 

This too shall pass.

I'm not invested in the team at all right now because the product on the field is garbage. And they deserve exactly as much of my fandom as is proportional to their commitment to actually trying to win a game. And as long as they start Bryce, I know that's zero.

But these times don't last forever. And the only thing you can ever be certain of is entropy. Whatever the state of things are now is almost a guarantee that in the future they will be different.

So I'll hang in there now because I want to be on the bandwagon when things start trending up.

Doesn't mean I'm setting aside my Sundays now to watch this poo. Doesn't mean I'm buying an merch. I'm still going to express my derision for the current ownership through my wallet and attention.

But I'll be a Panthers fan until they're no longer in the Carolinas.

19 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

I was going to start this same thread yesterday lol;
I grew up a die hard fan watching every season. Now that I'm older, and have other priorities, and a job that I am looking for a break from 5 days out of the week. It just doesn't feel like a great ROI watching this team feeling my mood sink with each game.

I'll always be a supporter/fan as a Charlotte native, but I can't justify spending 3+ hours of my only days off feeling myself get annoyed.  If we were losing but competitive, with some high flying plays I'd be all for it.  But this is just a miserable experience.

This is why you can’t keep trotting Bryce out there. At least show the fan base you are trying to win. At this point they can trot Plummer out there. We have not seen him with the 1s. Can he be any worse?

I grew up in Raleigh from 84 to 2005, moved away for school, spent 2 years in Queens, now in GA since 2009. I’ve kept my Panthers love open and honest, even foreign lands. I’ve donned either my Morgan or Minter jersey while watching every game I could. I even rocked it at various sports bars in NY, yucking it up with Giants and Jets fans. 

When I came to GA I didn’t make a ton and only had 4 days off a month, but I got nfl ticket and remained committed. 

Since they don’t play college football in NC and I didn’t go to one of the major schools, I only started paying attention to the panthers in 2002. 2003 completely spoiled me, and I was locked. I haven’t missed a game since. 

this unwatchable garbage is so frustrating because it’s a team that I think is close to competing and the talent is there, but with Bryce under center, their will is broken before they step on the field. 

I said in one of my manifestos yesterday that football games are won when you can break their will before they break yours. These dudes know there is no hope with our current qb situation, and they hate the owner for putting us in this position. Our only hope is/was a coach they truly believe in that fields the best possible talent available. 

I’ll continue to watch albeit more detached. I know he won’t survive the season, so there is that. My concern is that he gets so many key people injured that even a QB change will be futile.