• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so I've got to ask.. is it worth it being a fan of this team?

rayzor

I started to let go when we lost the Super Bowl and checked out for good when Cam left the first time.  Since Tepper took over, this team has done nothing but stink and devoting any time/effort/mental space is a waste.  I own PSL's and haven't been to a game since before Covid.  There's just nothing to be excited about and I don't see that changing until after this season.  

• Beer 1

Even as a mod, I'm getting close.  

My dad gave up his PSLs he got year 1, finally, this year.  They're not in Charlotte anymore, finally were like its not worth trying to give away half of these that they won't travel in for.  Everyone in my orbit is out of Charlotte minus a select few.  There's not much tying me to the team anymore.  

My parents are both from Chicago, I live in the north shore, my wife & I just had our first (boy), and I'm seriously thinking he'll grow up a Bears fan (I know, not that much better haha).  And I was perusing through some old photos of me as a kid, and realize my dad had me in Bears & Cubs gear all the time.  Moved to Charlotte in 92 as a youngin' and when the team came, the fandom just happened to us all.

Not a big football merch guy, but all I've got left is one Kuechly jersey that I never wear and a carhart Panthers hat that is for hiking/house work.  Times are a changing and honestly, I'm tuning out.  

I dettached from the Hornets about 3 years ago entirely.  This feels eerily similar to when I was just completely dettached emotionally from a fan standpoint.  And it's just football at the end of the day.  I just want to watch some fun games at this point. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

These days I consider myself more of a follower than a fan.  There's no point in expressing any passion about this franchise.  I've just been working on my golf game on Sundays.

When it comes to football in general, I delight in watching the greatness of Patrick Mahomes continue to unfold.  I'm really enjoying watching Brady fanboys melt down as Mahomes assaults the record books.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Most people in my life outside of this psycho place know me as a Carolina Panthers superfan. 

But at this point it's become an abusive relationship. I'll still follow along peripherally but my interest is way way way down from what it used to be. 

• Pie 1

I never watched college football growing up, only NFL. I never rooted for a team because one never represented my state,  SC, only players. I liked Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Walton Payton and Emmitt Smith. I considered them to be high character players. This is why I'm a fan of the Carolina Panthers. I won't stop being a fan because we suck and we do absolutely suck. I believe in supporting teams that represent my state much more than choosing a team with a winning record, that's a follower, not a fan...

• Pie 1