• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They Say a Picture is Worth 1000 Words...

Hoenheim

Well, Canales is very positive, so what he was saying this summer was stuff we were thirsty to hear.  Bryce is an intelligent person, so I figured he would learn to use his noodle (referring to his brain, not his arm) and stay a step ahead and anticipate--a film room junkie, always 2 steps ahead of the defense.  

I see no evidence of that.  He reacts.  In the picture above, the man has a clean pocket and his view of the safety may be blocked, but not the CB who is actually a step ahead of his man.  The really good QBs understand physics, and they look for situations wherein the defensive back has not turned his shoulders or his momentum is taking him the wrong direction.  they know the route and they know that the WR is most open immediately after the break.  Finally, they know the WR. 

In this photo, the CB is running the route better than the WR.  The S is coming hard---they are READING HIS EYES.  The do not fear the deep ball.  Bryce has a very good pocket.  Any good NFL QB probably breaks the pocket and runs left toward the vacated part of the field or they throw it away--nobody is open.

Sorry, but cognitively, the area of his game that needs to be above and beyond others, is not there.  This was a TERRIBLE pick.

He may come back and have a decent game like he did last year vs. Green Bay.  But he needs more than a good showing twice a season.

Edited by MHS831

image.thumb.png.2a76717b1b0183989865eb9594094c47.pngI was and have been a BY supporter. But this play... this is the play that proves to me that its time to move on.

Its a broken play. BY breaks the pocket (good) XL throws his hand up(good). BY knows he does NOT have the arm strength to make the throw on the run. He has to try to stop and try to set his base.. takes too much time and gets sacked. 

To me its over... 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He literally cannot see the field.  Where are the dudes saying size doesnt matter?  He literally cannot see the field and doesnt have the arm to make nfl level throws.  We are so fuged.

This came up waaayyy back with the anticipation and timing debates. I was on the side that thought he was throwing to spots.

People were talking abut his 'spatial awareness' and poo like that. And the next thing that naturally comes up is ball velocity as relates to timing. Just a rabbit hole, that probably goes all the way to Tuscaloosa. 

Just now, Ornias said:

We should have drafted Rattler in the 5th as a prospect. I would be interested in watching him and XL play. The locker room will not last much longer with Bryce as QB. 

I still stand by the position that we purposely avoided drafting a QB to buy Bryce more time.  They know that Andy is just here to get a check and hold a clipboard. But if you put a 20 something kid in that locker room behind him, it’s a completely different story.

Some laughed when I said there would be a mutiny.  Well who’s laughing now?  Nobody.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you have an example of a top pick starting 2 years running, then getting benched and then coming back and playing like a franchise qb?

I think once he is benched he can never come back from that for numerous reasons

Alex Smith is about as close as you'll get.

2 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Blaine Gabbert won a Super Bowl with the Chiefs last year and is currently available.  

Anything would be an upgrade, Just sayin’?

Blaine Gabbert sucks as a starter but he is a better NFL QB than Bryce Young. Based on what I've seen out of Bryce I honestly don't know if there's a single QB on an active NFL roster that I wouldn't take over him. He's THAT bad.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ornias said:

We should have drafted Rattler in the 5th as a prospect. I would be interested in watching him and XL play. The locker room will not last much longer with Bryce as QB. 

I was pounding the table for that but internal politics on Mint St won yet again. Would've been the perfect antidote to this crap and at least he can sling the rock.