• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They Say a Picture is Worth 1000 Words...

Hoenheim

Bryce was the feel good, little guy can make it in a big man’s game story these pundits desperately wanted. It’s hard to see truth when emotionally invested. Bryce is now dumping all of these man crushes on the dance floor at senior prom. It’s going to be brutal in the media for him this week. 

This kid for his sanity really just needs to walk away from the game. It’s only going to get worse. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Bryce was the feel good, little guy can make it in a big man’s game story these pundits desperately wanted. It’s hard to see truth when emotionally invested. Bryce is now dumping all of these man crushes on the dance floor at senior prom. It’s going to be brutal in the media for him this week. 

This kid for his sanity really just needs to walk away from the game. It’s only going to get worse. 

I said that yesterday. The Panthers are hurting him (and the team) by keeping him on the field. The best thing Canales could do for him right now is to bench him.

Some will say "if you do that you'll destroy his confidence". Well, he isn't playing with any confidence now. And, if taking a seat  on the bench b/c of his atrocious play breaks him mentally, then he doesn't have the mentality to lead a team and it's time for the Panthers to find another guy.

• Pie 7

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I said that yesterday. The Panthers are hurting him (and the team) by keeping him on the field. The best thing Canales could do for him right now is to bench him.

Some will say "if you do that you'll destroy his confidence". Well, he isn't playing with any confidence now. And, if taking a seat  on the bench b/c of his atrocious play breaks him mentally, then he doesn't have the mentality to lead a team and it's time for the Panthers to find another guy.

Exactly.  If he’s not ready, sit him.

The whole idea of “he’s a bust” is short-sighted.  If you think he’s legit “our QB” then sit him and make him watch tape and learn.  

Many have done that before him.

• Flames 1

The second he released that ball I was wondering how in the hell he expected it to get to who he was throwing for without it being intercepted by one of the other two Chargers closer to the ball. Steve Smith as great as he was at fighting for passes could not have even done anything to come down with that poorly planned throw. It was guaranteed an interception the moment it left his fingertips unless by some chance we got lucky and a Chargers player just plain out dropped it.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

13 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

The whole idea of “he’s a bust” is short-sighted.  If you think he’s legit “our QB” then sit him and make him watch tape and learn.  

you have an example of a top pick starting 2 years running, then getting benched and then coming back and playing like a franchise qb?

I think once he is benched he can never come back from that for numerous reasons

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

He needs to fast track his NFL divorce and move back to Cali where he can become a sports psychologist himself. I’m not saying it in a teasing or mocking standpoint. He literally can no longer live in the Carolinas. Dude probably can’t even grocery shop or pump gas without some jackass telling him how much he sucks. That’s miserable, and he is not physically able of making this work. 

He needs to reach some sort of restitution over breach of contract, learn from this largely self inflicted trauma, move to the other coast and restart his more anonymous life where nobody hates him. Get plugged in with a good money manager. He could even write a book. Just not NFL ball ever again. 

Vegas is probably off limits, though. 

6 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

While I think Bryce will never be a legit starting QB in the NFL, I love this post. Bryce didn't earn his job. It was given to him. 

Sitting on the bench "could" light a fire in him.  This could be speculation on my part, but from what I've seen on the field and read thru media, I don't get the impression that football is his top priority. I don't see a player who spent the offseason trying to improve his conditioning, arm strength, or throwing mechanics.

Maybe he needs to hire a personal QB coach. Maybe he should try to reach out to Drew Brees, Doug Flutie, or Kyler Murray. Ask them "how do/did you find throwing lanes and manipulate the pocket to find the open guy.

Jim Plunkett was considered a 1st round bust. He played for two teams before winning  won 2 SB's for the Raiders after starting the 1980 season a backup.