• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Arch Manning will never be a Panther so get that out of your heads.

hepcat

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Cam Ward. 

Cam Newton saved us when it was assumed Luck wouldn’t come here lol. It’s all coming together.

I also really like Ewers.

Ward could be a good fit on the Panthers. Ewers will be a very good QB in the NFL but he does have a legit injury prone issue. I also just don’t see him fitting with what Canales wants to do either. Ward might be the best fit for situation, and desire to play for a team like the Panthers. For some reason I see Ewers going to the Giants. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Discussing a QB who has played 2 games vs bad teams and using his name "Manning" to assume he's the next big thing is crazy.

Is this what we have become?

This is 2 years away. Settle down and focus on the QBs who are actually available this year.

Well did you see some of the throws he made in that game? Yea it's bad teams and he has a looooong way to go in college, but he's got the talent and the pedigree. He just needs the experience. 

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Well did you see some of the throws he made in that game? Yea it's bad teams and he has a looooong way to go in college, but he's got the talent and the pedigree. He just needs the experience. 

He's not a realistic option right now. This is 2 years away.

Let's focus on this QB class.

I personally would trade back and grab Hunter or Tmac, but I realize QB is a real option because Bryce has look atrocious.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

yeah, that's not true.   

if all things were equal for 32 teams, the odds wouldn't be great that the same team would land it 2 years back to back.  But all things aren't equal. 

Haha no they are not. Bryce has reset the parameters of suck for us. If he starts all season we’re not winning a game

24 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I would say if the the situation turns out to be this way, then hold him hostage with the 1st pick.  The team doesn't have to trade away the pick if they don't want to.  Just hold the entire process hostage.

That would be such a Tepper thing to do and destructive. You don't want players that do not want to be here. If it cannot be worked out you have to select someone else. I think more then Manning are not going to want to come here and that is a big problem. If a player does not want to come here he can just re-enter the draft the following year.

48 minutes ago, Deltek44 said:

That would be such a Tepper thing to do and destructive. You don't want players that do not want to be here. If it cannot be worked out you have to select someone else. I think more then Manning are not going to want to come here and that is a big problem. If a player does not want to come here he can just re-enter the draft the following year.

And we will be waiting for him the following year. (Haha!)

6 hours ago, hepcat said:

If you guys think that the Manning family is going to allow Arch to ever put on a Panthers jersey you are dreaming. Ok maybe in some ironic sense that he’s wearing it to make fun of the worst organization in the NFL but no, he won’t be throwing passes for the Panthers in this timeline. Maybe in some alternate timeline where Ben Navarro bought the team and didn’t absolutely ruin it. 

Eli forced his hand to not play for the Chargers and in a few seasons when the Panthers have the #1 overall pick and opportunity to select Arch Manning (he’s not coming out this year) he would refuse to play for the team. I guarantee it. Arch might be his own person compared to his uncles and grandfather but he knows a losing situation when he sees one. 

We need to stop talking about him as a possibility. I 100% guarantee it never happens no matter how hard the Panthers try. The Manning’s would spend .05 seconds considering it. Tepper has truly ruined this franchise. I hope he knows how much the good people of the Carolinas despise him for ruining this once respectable franchise. He is not some good natured try hard man, he’s arrogant, brash, and rude. So it’s much easier to have that sentiment. 

Just sell the team and sail off on your yacht David. If you don’t have a yacht, you’re a billionaire why don’t you have a yacht?

If I am not mistaken, doesn’t Arch Manning have two or three years left to play in college football.  I would be surprised if Panther fans want their team to tank for two or three years to bring in Arch Manning.

45 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

If I am not mistaken, doesn’t Arch Manning have two or three years left to play in college football.  I would be surprised if Panther fans want their team to tank for two or three years to bring in Arch Manning.

With David Tepper as owner the panthers might set a record for most consecutive seasons as the worst team in the NFL. 

• Pie 1