• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Arch Manning will never be a Panther so get that out of your heads.

hepcat

If you guys think that the Manning family is going to allow Arch to ever put on a Panthers jersey you are dreaming. Ok maybe in some ironic sense that he’s wearing it to make fun of the worst organization in the NFL but no, he won’t be throwing passes for the Panthers in this timeline. Maybe in some alternate timeline where Ben Navarro bought the team and didn’t absolutely ruin it. 

Eli forced his hand to not play for the Chargers and in a few seasons when the Panthers have the #1 overall pick and opportunity to select Arch Manning (he’s not coming out this year) he would refuse to play for the team. I guarantee it. Arch might be his own person compared to his uncles and grandfather but he knows a losing situation when he sees one. 

We need to stop talking about him as a possibility. I 100% guarantee it never happens no matter how hard the Panthers try. The Manning’s would spend .05 seconds considering it. Tepper has truly ruined this franchise. I hope he knows how much the good people of the Carolinas despise him for ruining this once respectable franchise. He is not some good natured try hard man, he’s arrogant, brash, and rude. So it’s much easier to have that sentiment. 

Just sell the team and sail off on your yacht David. If you don’t have a yacht, you’re a billionaire why don’t you have a yacht?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Who cares, Lamaleava will, Ewers will, 99% of other draftable qbs will. Besides, the chances we land the 1st pick again is statistically miniscual.

yeah, that's not true.   

if all things were equal for 32 teams, the odds wouldn't be great that the same team would land it 2 years back to back.  But all things aren't equal. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, that's not true.   

if all things were equal for 32 teams, the odds wouldn't be great that the same team would land it 2 years back to back.  But all things aren't equal. 

To get Manning we will have to land the 1st overall pick in 2026 or beyond. Statistically, this year we are on track, but historically the chances to land the overall number 1 pick is very low. 3 NFL teams, much older than us, have never picked first overall. The Browns, who had a 20 year of suckage, have only picked first overall 5 times, in their history. The Green Bay Packers, who have existed for over 100 years, 2 times. It's low probability to get the 1st pick, even if you are the worst team in the NFL. Look at the Texans and the Jets just a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

To get Manning we will have to land the 1st overall pick in 2026 or beyond. Statistically, this year we are on track, but historically the chances to land the overall number 1 pick is very low. 3 NFL teams, much older than us, have never picked first overall. The Browns, who had a 20 year of suckage, have only picked first overall 5 times, in their history. The Green Bay Packers, who have existed for over 100 years, 2 times. It's low probability to get the 1st pick, even if you are the worst team in the NFL. Look at the Texans and the Jets just a few years ago.

Additionally, if we get away from Young and go to Dalton, the chances that we get the 1st pick goes down, because we know even though he is bad, he is at least capable of leading an offense.

Edited by Jaxel

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Last 8 drafts....you saw 2 different teams pull off the back to back #1 overall feat

I mean, the league is designed for parity and so that teams hopefully don't.    So you largely see the effects of that.  But you still have to look at a case by case scenario for when uniquely horrible teams emerge.  Which is us.   We are uniquely bad. 

Go to Vegas right now see the difference 

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

just put plummer in and see what you have there probably the same outcome but we know what dalton is

At this point I am worried about the rest of the young guys and their development.  Mingo, Brooks, XL, Sanders, Hubbard all need a solid QB to see what we have in them and grow around whoever we have at QB.  Plummer had 3 preseason games and showed barely anything against 3rd stringers until game 3 - I say go with Dalton to develop the rest of the offense.

I have been one of the consistent drum bangers of "we don't know if Bryce is bad yet until we fix the rest".  Welp - the O-line has done a MUCH better job through 2 games and Bryce has looked absolutely atrocious.  I will buy some of the play calling has been poor, especially yesterday, but you can now see that Bryce has vision issues, poor footwork, poor pocket presence, holds the ball too long, and can't throw well on the run.  Those are clearly displayed now - I wouldn't give him more than 2  more games to show it is fixed and I would pull him to develop in practice.  

• Flames 1