• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Young needs a sports psychologist…..

TheBigKat

Too many people too often falling back to his college tape.  

NEWSFLASH: IT DOESN’T MATTER!

If college tape were the holy grail of talent evaluation no one would miss on a draft pick ever.

The best anyone can actually hope for is a qualified individual projecting that player to the NFL.  The reality is every defender is a step or more quicker than college.  Every mistake is punished harshly.  Every team, even the bad ones are exponentially better than anything anyone ever faced in college.

Can we please put to rest anything Bryce did in college as any indicator of what he should be doing now?  He’s far from the first player to be misjudged, he sucks donkey balls.  Generally it’s easy to admit and move along, Bryce is only sticky because of his price tag.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Newtcase said:

Too many people too often falling back to his college tape.  

NEWSFLASH: IT DOESN’T MATTER!

If college tape were the holy grail of talent evaluation no one would miss on a draft pick ever.

The best anyone can actually hope for is a qualified individual projecting that player to the NFL.  The reality is every defender is a step or more quicker than college.  Every mistake is punished harshly.  Every team, even the bad ones are exponentially better than anything anyone ever faced in college.

Can we please put to rest anything Bryce did in college as any indicator of what he should be doing now?  He’s far from the first player to be misjudged, he sucks donkey balls.  Generally it’s easy to admit and move along, Bryce is only sticky because of his price tag.

Bryce is different because it's very rare for a high pick to flip because he simply looks like he physically doesn't belong on an NFL field. Top picks usually have the physical tools. Their failure usually comes down to not being able to mentally process well enough or being too cocky to put in the work or off the field stuff or whatever but it is very rarely because they prove to be physically grossly overmatched. That stuff is actually fairly easy to see on the college tape.

Bryce honestly should've been a mid round pick. I said leading up to the draft that he looked like a 3rd or 4th round type pick where someone would roll the dice on a really good college player that probably won't translate in the off chance that he does.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce is different because it's very rare for a high pick to flip because he simply looks like he physically doesn't belong on an NFL field. Top picks usually have the physical tools. Their failure usually comes down to not being able to mentally process well enough or being too cocky to put in the work or off the field stuff or whatever but it is very rarely because they prove to be physically grossly overmatched. That stuff is actually fairly easy to see on the college tape.

Bryce honestly should've been a mid round pick. I said leading up to the draft that he looked like a 3rd or 4th round type pick where someone would roll the dice on a really good college player that probably won't translate in the off chance that he does.

Wish you were on the scout team LG!

He's simply not an NFL caliber QB. There's no psychologist that is going to fix him. Physically, he is not capable. Mentally, possibly, he is not capable. Not to say he's dumb, but I don't think he can process NFL defenses consistently. 

Bryce needs to be benched as of today. He is QB 2 until the end of his contract or we trade him to a sucker willing to gamble. Bryce can't play. He looks worse than Clausen and I honestly didn't think that would be possible.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah I always saw like zero difference in Bryce vs Stetson Bennet in NFL traits. Bryce had the edge with the age and not partying I guess. Bryce did not party enough in college! I think he's just been too sheltered by his parents his whole life to really develop any kinda dawg or anything, the best coaches, the best teams ever since he was like 8 years old. 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hard to believe Jalen Hurts was thought of as a Day 3 pick when he came out because he lacked a lot of the tools, but got by on intangibles.  Then Philly reaches on him in the 2nd and he's their starter.  Jalen Hurts looks like an all world prospect compared to Bryce.

• Beer 1

The thing that pisses me off the most is if Bryce were the character guy he sells himself as he would bench himself!  How he can continue to impact 52 other players livelihood and be ok with that is astounding.

Fake an effin injury and put us all out of our misery.  Please to the god that you have confidence in.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

The thing that pisses me off the most is if Bryce were the character guy he sells himself as he would bench himself!  How he can continue to impact 52 other players livelihood and be ok with that is astounding.

I think we're a couple weeks out from him asking privately and then being placed on IR with a mystery injury.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1