• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Young needs a sports psychologist…..

TheBigKat

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's considerably worse than I expected. I thought he was gonna be one of those good backup/marginal starter types. Best case scenario I thought you were looking at like a Kirk Cousins type ceiling. But he honestly just flat out doesn't look NFL caliber.

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce honestly should've been a mid round pick. I said leading up to the draft that he looked like a 3rd or 4th round type pick where someone would roll the dice on a really good college player that probably won't translate in the off chance that he does.

What is this revisionism 😂😂  is this you below?  It's okay to say you were duped like the rest of us in thinking the "elite mental tools" (your words) would be enough to overcome the physical concerns.  You thought he was a 3rd or 4th round type pick that wouldn't translate in the NFL but you were cool with us taking him?  There were a lot of people VERY against taking Young, but you sure as hell were not one of them.  Apparently you've duped people harder than Bryce duped us, if you've got people thinking you were the leading voice in the pre-draft anti-Bryce movement.

On 4/23/2023 at 2:09 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty much. I said long ago that ultimately I'll be fine with Young, Stroud, or Richardson. I can definitely understand the arguments for and against all three. So whoever our staff and brass likes best, let's go.

On 4/7/2023 at 7:51 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

It's true. Him being high on AR and low on Young makes me question my sanity. 😂

I wouldn't even say I'm "high" on AR. I'm high on his athletic potential. His mental makeup is a complete unknown to me. My only concern with Young is his size. I think his arm is NFL average at best but I think he's good enough mentally that he can figure it out. I just don't know if he can figure out how to take a walloping from 280+ pound NFL freak athlete DL.

On 4/27/2023 at 1:31 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been saying for awhile now that I thought it might have come down to Young vs. Richardson much more so than Young vs. Stroud. Elite mental tools vs. elite physical tools.

On 4/12/2023 at 6:58 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope we do see someone as being "that guy". The guy we can't afford to gamble on missing out on. If that's Young, that's fine by me. Let's go!

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

What is this revisionism 😂😂  is this you below?  It's okay to say you were duped like the rest of us in thinking the "elite mental tools" (your words) would be enough to overcome the physical concerns.  You thought he was a 3rd or 4th round type pick that wouldn't translate in the NFL but you were cool with us taking him?  There were a lot of people VERY against taking Young, but you sure as hell were not one of them.  Apparently you've duped people harder than Bryce duped us, if you've got people thinking you were the leading voice in the pre-draft anti-Bryce movement.

I resorted to cope once it became obvious we were drafting him. If you followed the conversation I was very clearly against the drafting of Bryce based on concerns about his physical talent.