• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Young needs a sports psychologist…..

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, frankw said:

He needs a sports psychologist?

Let's pause.

Wasn't the narrative around this guy early on that he was going to be one of the more mentally sound QB's in the league because his father is in the mental health field?

Wild.

People came up with so many irrational defenses for the guy. 

the positive I take from all this, first two weeks of the season, is that the majority of the media is now seeing that Bryce is terrible. Most of the fandom now has accepted that Bryce is terrible. There’s now more unity than before in terms of acknowledging that Bryce is the Achilles heel. He’s Teddy Bridgewater lite on his best days and everyone wanted him out. 

• Beer 1

Far be it from me to recommend medical help for anyone. 

But we have broken Bryce Young, and it is one of the most unfortunate things I've ever seen. The thing that we drafted him for as a strength was his ability to read and process defenses. He can't do that at all anymore. We know that he never had elite physical skills. 

He's now had at least 3 play callers in 2 years. He's had at least 2 different schemes, but supposedly one of those was a blend of two different schemes. Our Offensive line was incapable last year, and our receivers were just as bad. While it's clear we've fixed both the offensive line, and the receiving room, it is clear that Bryce just can't do it right now.

After the 2nd pick yesterday, he just started throwing the check down immediately. Even though we were down big, he was just terrified to throw an interception. You just can't play like that. I'm not someone that declared myself for a quarterback before that draft. I'm not someone that is defending Bryce Young. I am saying that even for Bryce defenders, it appears we have completely destroyed his career. I think the experiment is over.

He may have been capable of being an all time great, or he may have been a bust regardless, but it really looks like we completely broke this kid. I would not be surprised at all if high profile quarterbacks don't start declaring that they won't play for us, like John Elway with the Colts (who ended up being correct btw).  The dysfunction of this franchise is absolutely appearing on the field every Sunday. 

1 minute ago, ImfromClayton said:

Far be it from me to recommend medical help for anyone. 

But we have broken Bryce Young, and it is one of the most unfortunate things I've ever seen. The thing that we drafted him for as a strength was his ability to read and process defenses. He can't do that at all anymore. We know that he never had elite physical skills. 

He's now had at least 3 play callers in 2 years. He's had at least 2 different schemes, but supposedly one of those was a blend of two different schemes. Our Offensive line was incapable last year, and our receivers were just as bad. While it's clear we've fixed both the offensive line, and the receiving room, it is clear that Bryce just can't do it right now.

After the 2nd pick yesterday, he just started throwing the check down immediately. Even though we were down big, he was just terrified to throw an interception. You just can't play like that. I'm not someone that declared myself for a quarterback before that draft. I'm not someone that is defending Bryce Young. I am saying that even for Bryce defenders, it appears we have completely destroyed his career. I think the experiment is over.

He may have been capable of being an all time great, or he may have been a bust regardless, but it really looks like we completely broke this kid. I would not be surprised at all if high profile quarterbacks don't start declaring that they won't play for us, like John Elway with the Colts (who ended up being correct btw).  The dysfunction of this franchise is absolutely appearing on the field every Sunday. 

Bryce has been bad since day 1 man.  He just ain’t it.

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We brother. We.   

Right there with ya. I said from the start, if he played at Kansas Tech instead of Bama he'd be a day 3 or UDFA vs the number 1 pick. He knew how to play Tepper's ego and it got him a check for 30 million bucks. He probably called Rhule for a certain meatball recipe too. 

• Pie 1