• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Young needs a sports psychologist…..

TheBigKat

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think we're a couple weeks out from him asking privately and then being placed on IR with a mystery injury.

That is what you do with him.  He needs technique and psychological toughness development-so put him on the IR and tell him that the Panthers are drafting a QB in 2025 to compete with him.  He has 1 year to get sound, stronger, and mentally tough.  He needs to watch and learn.  If he is not 100% better by August, 2025, cut him.  He has not had to compete--it is time he did. 

I want to cut him now and be done with it, but it does not hurt us in any way to put him on IR and give him a last shot

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Manna said:

He only has confidence in training camp because he knows he can’t get hit. His play only translates to rookie mode on madden, and he can’t hang with all-madden. 

I said this a couple times in camp. He could be the greatest flag football QB ever if there was a league for that. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

he looks NOTHING like his college self. This young man is broken inside, no passion, no zest, just ho-hum BETA BOY with no ALPHA DOG QB1 fire

I lay blame to 70% is Young was never going to succeed in the NFL and 30% this organization is a total dumpster fire and can’t develop a QB

Alabama tape, my favorite. That is where he left his confidence.

I would bet something (if I bet): that if he went down to Alabama Saturday and suited up he would look like he does in those college videos. No problem. 

Bryce has a psychology degree lol. His dad a weird grifter shrink kinda dude. I don't think talking through his feelings with some grifter shrink is going to change the fact that he's not an NFL qb. Once he's out of the NFL I'm sure he'll be fine with his $40m and getting a job at the Manning passing academy or whatever

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He doesn't have the physical talent. I tried to tell y'all this leading up to the draft. The college tape didn't translate to the NFL.

That's funny you suspended my account for saying this exact same thing during draft time. You told me I should embrace it and he's ours so we should like him. Welcome to the dark side.

7 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

he looks NOTHING like his college self. This young man is broken inside, no passion, no zest, just ho-hum BETA BOY with no ALPHA DOG QB1 fire

I lay blame to 70% is Young was never going to succeed in the NFL and 30% this organization is a total dumpster fire and can’t develop a QB

He can spend some of his ill-gotten gains on a therapist. 

I just hope we cut him sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

He looks exactly like he looked at Alabama. And that is the problem. You have 2 seconds to throw in the NFL, not 12. 

This. That horrendous play yesterday where he rolled left and got sacked to take us out of field goal range was exactly the kind of poo he did at Alabama when he was “extending plays.” The only difference is the college D-line could be held at bay long enough for him to look downfield for 4 seconds so that his 5* receiver could beat the other team’s 2* nickel corner for a deep ball. In the NFL you get like half that time if you’re lucky and everyone is a 5* corner. He isn’t making the plays or the right decisions to be successful at this level. And it’s not just sometimes, it’s every fuging time he touches the ball. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 3