• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some additional thoughts about why you have to bench/release Bryce

electro's horse

36 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He will not last long enough to learn on the job. And hiring someone to be head coach who has to learn to be an HC and OC with a terrible qb at the same time is not going to work out. This experiment will end like all the others mark my words. 

if only there were multiple established nfl head coaches that wanted to come here

1 and 4 are the biggest reasons to me on there. Canales will lose the team if they don’t do/try something. We’ve been in position to draft Stroud over Bryce, Surtain jr over Horn (or Slater I do believe) Obviously could keep going ha. 

Draft position has not been our issue, scouting/decision making has been. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Harbaugh and vrabel were much better choices then DC

Right but if either was forced Bryce as their starter there is no way to coach around that unless you’re just gonna run the wildcat and wishbone offense. To me that’s the biggest issue. Teppers more worried about being right on Bryce than taking steps in the right direction. You can’t build a culture of competition when the number 1 guy can obviously be the worst on the field  and the coach can’t sit him.

Edited by poorboysrev
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Defense bounced back great yesterday. Insanity to fire him, especially after refusing to let him interview with other teams.

firing coaches is one thing but fuging around with them like that is beyond the pale. 

I agree but scapegoating doesn't always make sense. I still think it's Caldwell first.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Fair or not Canales is one or done. I just don’t see a way for him to thread this needle. 

I have no idea what the move is here. I know what I’d like to see happen but man. Wow

His only road to salvation is if Bryce leaves the NFL or is cut by the team. This can hopefully begin to restore the locker room. The players at this point have to know that it’s not Canales’ call. As it is now, Bryce even being there is too much for those dudes. He screws up the energy that badly. 

1. cut Bryce or he retires

2. Start Dalton for a few games, build some team chemistry and something, anything positive. Have Plummer get some meaningful reps and tutoring from Dalton. Have the line gel behind an NFL caliber qb. 

3. play competitive ball. Probably still lose, but don’t look like losers. 

Right now, we have a bunch of dudes who know that they’re not losers, but they sure feel like they are. If Canales can find a way to turn that around before they accept losing, then we have something in him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think Canales has to go through the motions to “”give Bryce every chance to improve”. I think this lasts until week 4/5 max.  

He has weapons and protection. All the excuses from last year are gone.  

DaveC can still be a QB whisperer. Can still work with Bryce on all sorts of improvements

Can still pull Bryce from the starter position when he does this.  Both can be true at the same time