• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some additional thoughts about why you have to bench/release Bryce

electro's horse

27 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Tepper will be looking for a scapegoat by week 5. Canales is probably already on the hot seat because “there’s just no way I wasn’t right about this guy. He was unstoppable at Alabama.” 

Fair or not Canales is one or done. I just don’t see a way for him to thread this needle. 

I have no idea what the move is here. I know what I’d like to see happen but man. Wow

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, lightsout said:

The scary part is that Bryce looks, at best, as bad as he was last year. At worst he has regressed. You expect rookies to struggle, but you expect their second year they'll take steps and show clear signs of improvement. We've not gotten that. 

The run game is there, but it gets shut down the moment the pass game is utterly useless. They can just focus on stopping that and pressuring because Young can't see and he can't make good decisions with the ball. 

Bryce being this bad this early in year 2 is writing on the wall. I'm convinced that Canales is under clear orders to either start Bryce no matter what or he has a number of games he muhest start Bryce in. No coach worth his salt is sticking with Bryce after these two games. 

He didn't do squat to improve his game during the six months of down time (unless watching Netflex/playing video games and watching the grass grow), is considered working on his deficiencies. He doesn't care to improve nor does he care about the NFL.

So many red flags that they simply ignored with this guy.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Fair or not Canales is one or done. I just don’t see a way for him to thread this needle. 

I have no idea what the move is here. I know what I’d like to see happen but man. Wow

Canales is safe. He has a 6 year contract (Dave is still paying Frank) and Canales is only here because no other candidate wanted the job. We have no good options if we fire him.

Tepper has a terrible reputation and he has to keep DC around for at least 3 years to repair it some.

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Canales is safe. He has a 6 year contract (Dave is still paying Frank) and Canales is only here because no other candidate wanted the job. We have no good options if we fire him.

Tepper has a terrible reputation and he has to keep DC around for at least 3 years to repair it some.

He may keep him around but Canales is in over his head. It will not get better as the season goes on. It is about to get really ugly in the locker room. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He may keep him around but Canales is in over his head. It will not get better as the season goes on. It is about to get really ugly in the locker room. 

I heard a few people say Canales got the HC job a year or two early.

He has a learning curve ahead of him.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

I heard a few people say Canales got the HC job a year or two early.

He has a learning curve ahead of him.

He will not last long enough to learn on the job. And hiring someone to be head coach who has to learn to be an HC and OC with a terrible qb at the same time is not going to work out. This experiment will end like all the others mark my words. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Wheresthedawg84 said:

30 years a Panther fan, 40 years and avid NFL watcher, and this is the worst NFL product I've seen put on a field! We are headed for Browns, Lions territory with Tepper's as owners. And Bryce is an anxious chihuahua at QB

Been a closet Browns fan since the 70's. I know all to well what bad ownership looks like. Dipper is taking the crown from current owner Haslam easily amongst others. They went 4-43 in a 3 years span....where you think we're at in that sequence. I think we have the ability to beat that from how dysfunctional Dipper really is. We have entered a new era of Panther football and its not positive. Only hope for real change is to sell the team...that prolly won't happen. Wish he would just take his 2bil in profit and dip...

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He will not last long enough to learn on the job. And hiring someone to be head coach who has to learn to be an HC and OC with a terrible qb at the same time is not going to work out. This experiment will end like all the others mark my words. 

He’s getting another year. What happens after that depends on his QB decisions.

52 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Tepper does himself no favors firing Canales.  I have no clue if Canales is the guy or not, but he's not going to be able to get a top tier coaching candidate next year.  Sure, folks will happily sign up for $60 million from Tepper, but it's not going to help the franchise.  Canales is going to have to grow in the job.

Speaking of that, our roster is going to have to grow as well.  We are so talentless in so many areas.  Is Bryce the guy, I'm feeling 90% a no.  But we have no pass rush, little DT depth, corner depth issues, etc.

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

He’s getting another year. What happens after that depends on his QB decisions.

Yeah that's what they said about Reich. Then it was he would get fired at the end of the year.

His contract money doesn't go agaisnt the cap and can be absorbed...like the other 2 HCs they are still paying for.

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Someone is getting fired soon but it's likely to be Caldwell and then Evero IMO. We will see. It will say a lot about who is winning the power struggle behind the closed doors.

Defense bounced back great yesterday. Insanity to fire him, especially after refusing to let him interview with other teams.

firing coaches is one thing but fuging around with them like that is beyond the pale. 

• Beer 2

You'll never know if your receivers, tight ends or even offensive line is any good if your QB never attempts a serious pass over 10 yards in the air.

There's dink and dunk, but this is just dinky.

There are 52 professional football players on this team besides Bryce and every one of them knows if a player is any good or not. Don't you think they are seeing what we are? 

Have some mercy, bench PeeWee and just go play some football. Please.

• Pie 1