• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some additional thoughts about why you have to bench/release Bryce

electro's horse

6 minutes ago, lightsout said:

I'm convinced that Canales is under clear orders to either start Bryce no matter what or he has a number of games he must start Bryce in. No coach worth his salt is sticking with Bryce after these two games. 

Canales saying he had to meet with Tepper already after week 1 was all I needed to hear to know that absolutely nothing has changed. Bryce is going to continue to start until Tepper finally admits he was wrong. With his ego that could be quite a while. I’m sure when Tepper offered Canales the job there was a stipulation that Bryce was the QB. The fact they didn’t draft a mid to late round QB after how bad Bryce was is very telling.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Canales saying he had to meet with Tepper already after week 1 was all I needed to hear to know that absolutely nothing has changed. Bryce is going to continue to start until Tepper finally admits he was wrong. With his ego that could be quite a while. I’m sure when Tepper offered Canales the job there was a stipulation that Bryce was the QB. The fact they didn’t draft a mid to late round QB after how bad Bryce was is very telling.

Tepper saw fans in his stadium not attending, booing, leaving early, wearing paper bags over their heads (where do you find those these days?), and he felt the hopelessness of knowing the game was over early in the second quarter.  His ego is more injured by that than admitted he was wrong about Bryce.  I think we may have seen the last of Bryce.

In two games our opponents have outscored us by an average of 30 points per game.  Our QB, playing from behind, averages 123 yards per game--he throw for under 100 yards today.  He has 3 interceptions and no TDs.  No pulse.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I knew there was trouble brewing by not picking up a prospect QB in the later rounds.

I was saying Dalton should have played the last few games last year so we could see who could do what on offense, but BY guys said every snap counts. Canales is now saying every snap counts, which completely contradicts his viewpoint of not playing the guys in the preseason. At least the Jets had the balls to bench Zach Wilson multiple times and it was actually kinda fun watching a Mike White or other random 3rd stringer have a good game or two. This is just definition of insanity level team management From Tepper to Morgan to Canales. Bryce's feelings aren't more important than the rest of the roster and the whole entire fan base lol. He's got $40m and probably doesn't even want to play right now anyways. I assume he'd rather be chilling in California like he did all offseason honestly. 

Yep, we have too many young players who need proper development to be concerned with coddling a middle schooler posing as a quarterback. It’s time to start Andy Dalton and bench Bryce Young.

If Dave Canales has even half the ingenuity of Kubiak, and can run a QB-friendly scheme like the one that’s making Derek Carr thrive, I’m confident he can make Dalton look competent.

With Dalton at the helm, this offense could actually function and maybe even be competitive. The focus needs to shift to building a solid foundation for the team and maximizing the potential of the young nucleus we have, and at this point that does not include Young.

• Beer 2

Agreed on all points.  And honestly, at this point, to add to the organizational integrity part, if we don't do everything we can to be competitive we risk not only the next #1 pick not wanting to come here, but also quality FAs and coaches.  It was already out there that some coaches didn't even want to interview here bc of Tepper.

• Beer 2

Been saying that for a while. It's not a legitimate strategy to trot Young out there for the rest of the year and I sure don't want those people around next year if that is what they are doing.

DC sitting Bryce would get thr other players to buy in and show me a reason to care about his future. As it stands he is a placeholder to the next Tepper failure.

Edited by Waldo

6 hours ago, lightsout said:

The scary part is that Bryce looks, at best, as bad as he was last year. At worst he has regressed. You expect rookies to struggle, but you expect their second year they'll take steps and show clear signs of improvement. We've not gotten that. 

The run game is there, but it gets shut down the moment the pass game is utterly useless. They can just focus on stopping that and pressuring because Young can't see and he can't make good decisions with the ball. 

Bryce being this bad this early in year 2 is writing on the wall. I'm convinced that Canales is under clear orders to either start Bryce no matter what or he has a number of games he must start Bryce in. No coach worth his salt is sticking with Bryce after these two games. 

Tepper will be looking for a scapegoat by week 5. Canales is probably already on the hot seat because “there’s just no way I wasn’t right about this guy. He was unstoppable at Alabama.” 

• The D 1