• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some additional thoughts about why you have to bench/release Bryce

electro's horse

Yea the summary is that this team has no culture and you have to try to building winning (or just competitive…) culture. Trotting out Bryce gives this team no chance and the locker room will have no will to compete.  Continuing to play Bryce is downright disrespectful to the rest of the roster at this point.  We may very well still get the number 1 pick WITH Andy… but at least we can be functional.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

There is no incentive to play hard for a team that has nothing to play for. If an L is already a guarantee, why bother playing your heart out? Why risk injury?

I don't think you would. 

Bad play will build a low energy, no effort, loser culture that will take years to erase. 

You have to play to win now. Not because you think you will, but so your team still has some fight and dignity left. And starting Bryce is not the way you do that, because you cannot look me dead in the eyes and tell me that Bryce Young starting at QB gives this team the best chance of winning on Sunday. 

You have to bench Bryce to save the psyche of this franchise. 

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wheresthedawg84 said:

30 years a Panther fan, 40 years and avid NFL watcher, and this is the worst NFL product I've seen put on a field! We are headed for Browns, Lions territory with Tepper's as owners. And Bryce is an anxious chihuahua at QB

My chihuahua says to kiss her ass in a very composed manner.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll add what I said elsewhere.

Canales may well risk losing the locker room if he insists on sticking with Young.

There's indications of frustration with him already.

Honestly, he should lose the locker room. Not that anyone seems to care, but they will certainly lose fans. 

People are tired of looking at Bryce on the field and on the sidelines and in pressers. People are likely getting tired of Canales as well. I said before the season that Mr. Positivity will start sounding like a car salesman if we aren't competitive. 

There's an argument that this is the worst that it has ever been. It's ugly. It's madness. It has to stop.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The scary part is that Bryce looks, at best, as bad as he was last year. At worst he has regressed. You expect rookies to struggle, but you expect their second year they'll take steps and show clear signs of improvement. We've not gotten that. 

The run game is there, but it gets shut down the moment the pass game is utterly useless. They can just focus on stopping that and pressuring because Young can't see and he can't make good decisions with the ball. 

Bryce being this bad this early in year 2 is writing on the wall. I'm convinced that Canales is under clear orders to either start Bryce no matter what or he has a number of games he must start Bryce in. No coach worth his salt is sticking with Bryce after these two games.