• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans vs Bears

Chaos

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They kept showing her today after every big play. I'm convinced the league is rigged just to keep her fans in tune with the NFL.

I made my Christmas list early and #1 on that list is Kelce and Swift breaking up.

Please Santa it's all I want for Christmas!

She is literally bigger than the Beatles and Rolling Stones combined.  Now, it should not bother you who is dating her or that she gets attention by the media.  Do you think the NFL would NOT show John and Ringo at a Rams game?  Mick Jagger and Keith watching a Dolphins Pats game?  That is free publicity and marketing and yes, it expands the audience.  Is it "rigged?" No, but they would be foolish not to show the biggest music star in the world at an NFL event.  I am not a Swiftie, but my wife is and she actually watched a game with me recently.  She never watches the NFL.  It doesn't bother me at all.  Why should it?

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

She is literally bigger than the Beatles and Rolling Stones combined.  Now, it should not bother you who is dating her or that she gets attention by the media.  Do you think the NFL would NOT show John and Ringo at a Rams game?  Mick Jagger and Keith watching a Dolphins Pats game?  That is free publicity and marketing and yes, it expands the audience.  Is it "rigged?" No, but they would be foolish not to show the biggest music star in the world at an NFL event.  I am not a Swiftie, but my wife is and she actually watched a game with me recently.  She never watches the NFL.  It doesn't bother me at all.  Why should it?

Beatles and Stones didn't have tiktok and instagram followers or whatever lol. Not a useful comparison. Different times. If the Beatles were at a NFL game it would be live on tv and in maybe one newspaper article the next day, it wouldn't be that big of a deal because the industry wasn't based around clicks on a website or app back then. The New York Times or whoever couldn't just magically print an extra million newspapers of that particular day just because some celebrities went to a sports event

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Watching this game, and the lack of scoring got me to wondering.  

Is it just me or does scoring seem way down this season?  Other than the blowouts in Dallas and Arizona today, no teams today broke the 30 point barrier. That seems unusual.  

Curious if it has to do with the Crack down on the tackles lining up correctly. Lessens their advantage and Lessens the time quarterback has to get rid of the ball

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Beatles and Stones didn't have tiktok and instagram followers or whatever lol. Not a useful comparison. Different times. If the Beatles were at a NFL game it would be live on tv and in maybe one newspaper article the next day, it wouldn't be that big of a deal because the industry wasn't based around clicks on a website or app back then. The New York Times or whoever couldn't just magically print an extra million newspapers of that particular day just because some celebrities went to a sports event

Which does remind me that back in the day of newsboys in the cities, if something happened they put out an Extra edition. 

Like "Extra: Panthers Bench Bust"

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

Curious if it has to do with the Crack down on the tackles lining up correctly. Lessens their advantage and Lessens the time quarterback has to get rid of the ball

Could be. Could also be as Linville alluded to, defensive adjustments. Could also be an aberration. It will be interesting to watch over the next few games.