• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still saying the same thing years later...

Mr. Scot

Tepper needs to hire someone with the experience, know-how, resumé and reputation for building a team, give them a title roughly equivalent to 'Supreme Ruler of Panthers Football' and let them do whatever they want.

This doesn't necessarily mean I want anybody in particular fired. It's an acknowledgement that this organization is broken and needs more than just patchwork.

While the first name that comes to mind for me is still Kevin Colbert, the passage of time is starting to make me think that might be a pipe dream.

If indeed it is, then I could also go for someone like Will McClay. Other suggestions are welcome, but whoever it is should likely be someone who's been in the game a long, long time.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper needs to hire someone with the experience, know-how, resumé and reputation for building a team, give them a title roughly equivalent to 'Supreme Ruler of Panthers Football' and let them do whatever they want.

This doesn't necessarily mean I want anybody in particular fired. It's an acknowledgement that this organization is broken and needs more than just patchwork.

While the first name that comes to mind for me is still Kevin Colbert, the passage of time is starting to make me think that might be a pipe dream.

If indeed it is, then I could also go for someone like Will McClay. Other suggestions are welcome, but whoever it is should likely be someone who's been in the game a long, long time.

Yes we’ve been saying this for years. Need Tepper to hire an established consulting firm to hire the leaders of football ops and the only thing Tepper should do is open his wallet and sit on his fat rich ass in his box and watch the team. It’s not gonna happen ever though. His ego is bigger than Jerry Jones’.

Edited by t96
  • Flames 1

At this point I don't think Tepper has it in him to even make that right hire. The only hope is if the NFL has to step in and force some kind of change. Like banning Tepper for a couple of years. If they keep rolling out Young the competition comity should have a decent chance at proving tanking? That's all I have. It's not coming from Tepper and he is obviously still involved in the football stuff.

• Pie 1

In true Tepper fashion, I could see him doing this, but choosing a name nobody wants...one I won't even say due to it's evil nature but if you think about it you'll know who I mean.

My thing is, if you don't let him directly serve as the head coach or (good lord, please no) the GM but solely have him putting the organization in place, do you trust him?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In true Tepper fashion, I could see him doing this, but choosing a name nobody wants...one I won't even say due to it's evil nature but if you think about it you'll know who I mean.

My thing is, if you don't let him directly serve as the head coach or (good lord, please no) the GM but solely have him putting the organization in place, do you trust him?

Belichick, Belichick, Belichick

• The D 1