• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce doesn't care...

MRenshaw

4 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I don’t think Matt Moore ever benched himself though. He was always better than Clausen. But Fox wasn’t trying to win anymore at that point.

After like week 2 or 3 he got benched for Clausen. I remember reading an article or watching a presser and they said Matt walked over to the coaches in the 4th Q and suggested it or said he was done or something. He came back in though mid-season but then got hurt after beating the 49ers. 

EDIT: I could be wrong, but I swear I remember hearing/reading that.

Edited by ProcessBlue2

48 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

What you said in your post is one of the reasons he needs to be benched. Not only is he hurting the team, he is also probably damaging his mental health at this point. He’s playing worse in his 2nd year than he did in his first. That has to be mentally devastating.

Well, sophomore slumps are a thing. 

But the Bryce issue, is he  just flat out doesn’t have the tools for this league.  So there is no slump.  He just isn’t functional for the NFL.  Cam had a rough start to year 2.  Tape does that.  Then you adjust to them adjusting to you. 

Panthers seem to be clinging to this logic of but if everything goes just how we want it on a play he is a fine QB.  If the lineman aren’t to close….and if he can see….and if he doesn’t have to jump….and if the route isn’t to far or is super wide open…..he can be perfect. 

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

After like week 2 or 3 he got benched for Clausen. I remember reading an article or watching a presser and they said Matt walked over to the coaches in the 4th Q and suggested it or said he was done or something. He came back in though mid-season but then got hurt after beating the 49ers. 

EDIT: I could be wrong, but I swear I remember hearing/reading that.

Moore got a concussion week 1.  Played week 2.  Or tried to at least. I think that might not been part of that discussion.  Not that he just viewed Jimmy Jam as some pure better option

2 hours ago, Manna said:

a lot of anxiety in answering questions and self-soothing behaviors. I'll give him credit for facing the media and answering questions after sucking for another game. he's content with just saying the right things but not actually doing the right things. he is who he is, time to move on. 

It's almost like he is the opposite of everything that was said leading up to the draft... It's weird 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Bryce realizes that he is in the wrong line of work. His objective at this point is not winning. It’s to not die, and I’m sure he doesn’t have many friends in the locker room. 

with his admitted previous struggle with alcohol (that’s VERY big of him to admit that. Vast majority do not, and it’s very common), his mental health is probably in rough shape.  Very strong correlation with alcoholism and depression. I can’t think of a better circumstance for his head to be in a bad way. Mental health is a really big deal that carries over to every aspect of peoples’ lives. I would fashion a good guess he’s probably seeking professional help. Meds can have the ability to dull the darkness but also turn the give a damn completely off. I’m in the biz and know what it looks like. 

I just know that if I were in his circumstances where the entire locker room and thousands more fans were plain personally hateful and I had to be around it every day… it’d be pretty damn rough. 

This is not a poor Bryce post or any assassination on his character. It’s just an observation of what could be going on. 

He is surely making me more inclined to drink.

But let's stop that alcohol talk because the next thing you know he is in rehab and we have to support him. 

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

i used to say this during my seminars for teachers during which I was demonstrating how competition is only fair if everything is equitable and it has an ugly underbelly.  I said, "Some kids enter your classroom expecting to feel smart and appreciated.  Those are your high flyers.  Others enter your classroom knowing it as a place where they feel dumb and unappreciated. Those are your discipline problems, sooner or later.  They expect to fail.  And it is not only your class, it is the class before your class and the class after it.  And they did the same thing yesterday and they will do the same thing tomorrow.  At some point they have quit or will quit.  When that happens, it is too late.  We lost them."

Point?:  Bryce has the look of the kid we lost.

This is exactly it.  He is defeated by this situation and his confidence is long gone.  He was absolutely unstoppable in college but has developed a lot of bad habits.  The way this fan base is treating a 23 yr old guy is terrible.  It’s not like he wants to be this bad.  

Edited by Shocker

The guys that play with him are getting ready to treat him worse than we do here and that's what he needs to be worried about; that big old tour bus coming at him that he is about to be thrown under.

Hell they nudged him towards it today in the stadium. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

This is exactly it.  He is defeated by this situation and his confidence is long gone.  He was absolutely unstoppable in college but has developed a lot of bad habits.  The way this fan base is treating a 23 yr old guy is terrible.  It’s not like he wants to be this bad.  

I mean in fairness he is paid to entertain us and he is not doing that. If you go to a comedy club and the comedian is absolutely bombing, people will boo and heckle. Because you are paying to be entertained. Some people have hero worship with athletes, but at the end of the day the symbiosis of the relationship is they get paid a lot of money to make you smile. if you are smiling, they make more money. And if they aren’t making you smile…fug em. 

Next. 

• Pie 1