• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce doesn't care...

MRenshaw

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I bet he wishes he hadn't, he will be labeled the biggest bust in NFL history now.

He made generational wealth. Mission accomplished. He's now playing not to get hurt so he can be healthy and wealthy for the rest of his life.

Edited by MRenshaw
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

Just look at his body language at the post-game press conference today. Compared to last season, where he looked flustered and was on the verge of tears on several occasions, here he's looking cool as a cucumber or at worst slightly sheepish. I don't recall him making so many references to God last season, but now his answers are peppered with them. The body language and demeanor tell me that there is absolutely no fire and no fight left in him. Bryce has given up, rolled over, checked out, and is just waiting for the end, like a shelter animal waiting to be put down. I wouldn't be surprised if he had already given up toward the end of last season, which explains why he was so quiet this off-season. No news of hitting the gym or organizing workouts with new receivers; just silence.

ive seen people coming off fent rubbing their arms less than this 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

i used to say this during my seminars for teachers during which I was demonstrating how competition is only fair if everything is equitable and it has an ugly underbelly.  I said, "Some kids enter your classroom expecting to feel smart and appreciated.  Those are your high flyers.  Others enter your classroom knowing it as a place where they feel dumb and unappreciated. Those are your discipline problems, sooner or later.  They expect to fail.  And it is not only your class, it is the class before your class and the class after it.  And they did the same thing yesterday and they will do the same thing tomorrow.  At some point they have quit or will quit.  When that happens, it is too late.  We lost them."

Point?:  Bryce has the look of the kid we lost.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, grateflday said:

My son and I noticed he had a I don’t want to be here look when he was walking out for the game. (At the stadium they always show the players leaving the locker room, then walking down the walkway to the field.)  I don’t need hype or rah rah. However he didn’t even have a game face or focus on.  Hard to explain in typing but was noticeable enough my son and I looked at each other at the same time and commented how it looked.  The game play re-enforced it for sure.   

It's very simple.

He did what he needed to do (in this case not do by hiding out at the combine) in order to get himself selected #1 overall.

When he finally set foot on an NFL field in an NFL game he realized how tough it was going to be and he's been checked out since. He told us what was up by how he reacted to the conclusion of last season. He came back looking every bit exactly the same. At this point in time with what we know I see him his inner circle of agents and reps and his family as nothing more than con artists. He is the Matt Rhule of first overall picks.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

He made generational wealth. Mission accomplished. He's now playing not to get hurt so he can be healthy and wealthy for the rest of his life.

what you need, is someone wired a little stupid if we are being honest.  That has some hole or drive where winning a football game matters more than it should 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

i used to say this during my seminars for teachers during which I was demonstrating how competition is only fair if everything is equitable and it has an ugly underbelly.  I said, "Some kids enter your classroom expecting to feel smart and appreciated.  Those are your high flyers.  Others enter your classroom knowing it as a place where they feel dumb and unappreciated. Those are your discipline problems, sooner or later.  They expect to fail.  And it is not only your class, it is the class before your class and the class after it.  And they did the same thing yesterday and they will do the same thing tomorrow.  At some point they have quit or will quit.  When that happens, it is too late.  We lost them."

Point?:  Bryce has the look of the kid we lost.

That's pretty deep and it makes sense as well as seems to apply here

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 1

a lot of anxiety in answering questions and self-soothing behaviors. I'll give him credit for facing the media and answering questions after sucking for another game. he's content with just saying the right things but not actually doing the right things. he is who he is, time to move on. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I would not be against drafting 2 QBs next year.

That's where I have been at. Every year until you get the job done. 

Look at the Saints. They did what I wanted to do. Low round high potential, just outside of prototyical size but with the passing skills. .