• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting Bryce Young

scratched

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

You essentially don’t have to respect a variety of vertical and out routes. He isn’t making them.  If he did, you would live win the rarity. 

He loves the same area over the middle.   I think it’s because of his height and where he sits in the pocket.  And it’s why every season has kicked off with his “go to spot”….being INT city.   It’s the same from his debut rookie season at Atl.  And outside of that you just aggressive play all the underneath stuff 

I was so cloudy and fogged about what I was looking at the first two games last year that I actually had pushed myself into believing that Tepper was behind the totally non aggressive offense with no deep balls because of maybe the OL and not wanting his little prodigy to be hurt. I could not make a lick of sense out of what I was looking at. After Tepper showed his ass and fired hm I realized that wasn't it. 

Then I moved to the Reich took one look at Young when he started practicing and went totally into a shell. 

I mean, the Panthers painfully have exposed the one place on the field Bryce can see well and feels he has the arm to get it there that isn’t some bologna check down 

it’s why about seasons have debuted with the same INTs.  In the same spots on the field.  That’s what coaches do.  Try to start the year off with a bang and give the QB what they like most.   That’s about as dangerous as he gets.  But that’s it.  So you take away that one spot in the middle of the field.  He can’t go deeper or to the left or right (as those throws get longer and the ball floats).  I mean technically he could.  But those throws are all too hard for him with coverage and if he isn’t set properly.  

50 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Diontae is gonna knock him out before the season's over.  Got traded for a contract year and this is what he has to work with.  There are no words.

This should be the next worry. It’s only a matter of time before DJ becomes a problem as long as Bryce is playing. Bryce is costing him money

1 minute ago, HardcoreHokie said:

How many times has Bryce lined up under center in his NFL career?

I would love to see that stat vs total snaps and compared historically to other QB’s.

How can you draft a QB that you can’t lineup under center? 

Another issue that was long known about when we drafted him. He almost never took under center snaps at Alabama.

• Pie 2