• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me on Beck, Ewers, Sanders, Ward, etc.

MGH1989

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

You can forget Sanders because Deon wont allow it and even if he did allow, it means you would have to put up with all his poo the rest of the kids career. If he would just shut his damn mouth and come coach some DB's while keeping an eye on his boy it might be worth it.

I like you I really do.

• Beer 1

Im a big Cam Ward fan - I’ll have to dig up my stuff the last 2 drafts - was big on both him and Daniels a bit before their blooming.

The next guy I got my eye on is also Drew Allar. You just can’t ignore 6’5 235 and that type of arm. He’s shown to be a bit quicker than people thought this year - far less of a statue than assumed. Can make every throw, and make it look effortless. 

Saw Shedeur throw a frozen rope 60 yards in the air, on a dime, on the move. He also makes timing throws, he plays within the pocket and escapes when necessary, which is often. 

I don’t care for the others. 

im good with trading back three spots and taking Travis Hunter, and then drafting App State’s QB in the 4th round. He’s a gunslinger with speed, plays well within the pocket, runs a 4.6 or so, is 6’3, and can make any throw on the field with pace and precision. 

some people will point to the Clemson game as a reason not to but that’s not really a fair assessment considering the receivers couldn’t get off of press coverage and App has four new offensive linemen playing. 

In their bowl game in a monsoon last year, RG3 said something to the effect of “I know what it’s like to throw the ball in the rain, and if NFL scouts weren’t paying attention before, they need to be paying attention now”. Dude threw for 220 yards in a game that saw something like 4 to 6 inches of rain. 

10 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Saw Shedeur throw a frozen rope 60 yards in the air, on a dime, on the move. He also makes timing throws, he plays within the pocket and escapes when necessary, which is often. 

I don’t care for the others. 

im good with trading back three spots and taking Travis Hunter, and then drafting App State’s QB in the 4th round. He’s a gunslinger with speed, plays well within the pocket, runs a 4.6 or so, is 6’3, and can make any throw on the field with pace and precision. 

some people will point to the Clemson game as a reason not to but that’s not really a fair assessment considering the receivers couldn’t get off of press coverage and App has four new offensive linemen playing. 

In their bowl game in a monsoon last year, RG3 said something to the effect of “I know what it’s like to throw the ball in the rain, and if NFL scouts weren’t paying attention before, they need to be paying attention now”. Dude threw for 220 yards in a game that saw something like 4 to 6 inches of rain. 

This is a pretty good assessment of Joey Aguilar. Thanks.

I've mentioned to several people that I think he's the first QB to get drafted out of App St that I can remember. I do not count Armanti because we messed that up.

Aguilar has a bit of Favre to him.

Just now, App Panther said:

This is a pretty good assessment of Joey Aguilar. Thanks.

I've mentioned to several people that I think he's the first QB to get drafted out of App St that I can remember. I do not count Armanti because we messed that up.

Aguilar has a bit of Favre to him.

He makes decisions that make you go hmm…and makes others that make you go “wow”. But I was sold on him after the first drive at UNC last year. Those timing out routes got me. 

he will be drafted, I wonder where to. I don’t trust the Panthers to do the sensible thing and pass on guys who, while worth it in THIS draft, are not worth it compared to a core you could build by trading down. 

I do believe Joey would be a great developmental guy though. He’s got the size, the speed, the awareness, the arm strength and accuracy, and intangibles you want. I’d take him over Bryce, right now. I know that much. 

17 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He makes decisions that make you go hmm…and makes others that make you go “wow”. But I was sold on him after the first drive at UNC last year. Those timing out routes got me. 

he will be drafted, I wonder where to. I don’t trust the Panthers to do the sensible thing and pass on guys who, while worth it in THIS draft, are not worth it compared to a core you could build by trading down. 

I do believe Joey would be a great developmental guy though. He’s got the size, the speed, the awareness, the arm strength and accuracy, and intangibles you want. I’d take him over Bryce, right now. I know that much. 

Has all the physical tools for sure. There isn't a throw he can't make. 

He would be starting for a major team if he did not make a bonehead play a game, which the right NFL team could work with.

I see him as a solid backup with starter potential in the right system.

8 hours ago, Jaxel said:

Ewers plays big against big competition, has a great deep ball, can move, has great vision. I think he's this years Joe Burrow and I'd draft him with out a second thought. His only downside is he's struggled to stay healthy.

and he is experienced and mentally tough--imagine a Manning signing on the team you QB and you hold the position.  I would rate him #1, Ward #2--I am not sure yet about Beck or sanders.  I also like Dart.

• Pie 3

48 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Basically anything is better. No lies detected in this rant. Gimme Cam Ward, mark me down, he's got dawg

His comments about putting in Dalton to see what we have is pretty much where I'm at. If we keep rolling Bryce out there every week we aren't going to get a fair assessment of Canales as a coach or his scheme.