• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me on Beck, Ewers, Sanders, Ward, etc.

MGH1989

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

At this point I don't know how this is still relevant as the scouting report on bryce is currently one of the biggest misevaluations in history. 

Cause that goes to show how much drafting a QB is a crapshoot. And the tape doesn’t lie Bryce was a great college QB.

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

At this point I don't know how this is still relevant as the scouting report on bryce is currently one of the biggest misevaluations in history. 

Because its true.

EVERY QB in the draft is a total coinflip. There has never been a sure thing. That includes lucky flips like Stroud, Cam Newton, and Josh Allen, and unlucky flips like Jameis Winston, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and Sam Darnold

There's not a single team in the NFL that can accurately draft QB's. Even the 49ers wiffed horribly on Trey Lance recently

Edited by amcoolio

5 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Cause that goes to show how much drafting a QB is a crapshoot. And the tape doesn’t lie Bryce was a great college QB.

Great IN COLLEGE. What you are missing my guy is that when you are evaluating college players you also have to evaluate in the lens of what will translate to the PROs. Thats where the miss is.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Great IN COLLEGE. What you are missing my guy is that when you are evaluating college players you also have to evaluate in the lens of what will translate to the PROs. Thats where the miss is.

I preached it until I was blue in the face leading up to the draft. His college tape screamed "great college player who won't translate to the NFL". None of the physical prerequisites were there 

• Flames 1

The reason its so hard to evaluate QB's because "mental fortitude and toughness" is such a huge part of what makes a QB successful and you can't measure that based on college tape and interviews. For Bryce, he completely lost it over the course of the last year. Yes, he's small and doesn't have the biggest arm. But even with that he could be a competent NFL QB. He's completely broken mentally, so he is the worst QB in the NFL.

Situation has a lot to do with that as well. It's why I don't buy that CJ Stroud would be this good as we are seeing tonight if he was drafted here instead. This isn't the NBA where a superstar can go somewhere else and be just as good. NFL has a ton of moving parts.