• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales announces next week's starting QB

TN05

15 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Locker room  nuked twice in 2 years.Nice.

No contract offer to the first black coach (yes it matters a lot), who coded a DOA team back to life in 13 days so they could beat a division rival by 18 points, go .500 over the course of 12 games, but since he was unable to stop the best QB of all time from hooking up with his HOF WR while fielding a depleted secondary… he gotta go. …. And he replaced him with a washed up has been old white guy, with no creativity, which was billed as the top reason Wilks had to go…

now he’s pissing on the entire locker room’s bank accounts and trying to see who he can get pointlessly injured. 

nice. 

Wilks Stans are almost as bad as Bryce Stans.

6 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Dude, no QB we have on the roster is saving this poop fest.

Sorry.

Dan Morgan did a better job in one draft and off season than Fitterer did in all his years combined.

Oh come on. It's not about saving the season. It's about giving your locker room anything whatsoever to build on. There is absolutely nothing to build on from week in and week out by seeing how historically lower you can go in the passing stat sheet.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Tanking is a fan concept. It does not work in NFL locker rooms where there are 50+ players whose careers are hanging in the balance. Just being associated with this historically bad nightmare is tarnishing when you look bad as well by proximity.

Yes theoretically you can get the first pick this way but do any of you ever want to establish a real culture here again? Incinerating your locker room for the first pick isn't the cut and dry win some of you think it is.

Plus at the end of the day. Scott Fitterer's former best friend will be making the pick with Mr. Tepper leaning over his shoulder.

Let’s get real here guys. What kind of culture have we had the last few years? We aren’t losing any culture even if Young loses the team by continuing to play. I don’t think Dalton does anything. Dude’s record is 33-52-1 since 2015 on better teams.

This team is lost and it doesn’t really matter. What matters is what QB we get at the top of the 1st next draft. If we finally get the right one, the future culture will be fine.

Canales presser today was bologna.  Sure doesn’t sound like there is any real accountability here.  

reminds me of that Seahawk player who basically said they got annoyed with Canales’ style but because they won they ended up respecting it.  But that winning was just Seattle.  Not something Dave uniquely brought.  

College coaches are more critical of their players than Canales. At some point you can’t just dismiss this level of horrific with we are going to try harder and it’s a learning opportunity.  It’s pro ball, with pro athletes.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh come on. It's not about saving the season. It's about giving your locker room anything whatsoever to build on. There is absolutely nothing to build on from week in and week out by seeing how historically lower you can go in the passing stat sheet.

I guess I am just really pessimistic that this team has anything to build on.  Maybe, the defense can get better and our WRs and TE can benefit from some pass reps. 

7 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

If I were Ewers an 0-17 Carolina team attempted to draft me 1st overall after an obvious tank job I’d pull and Elway or Manning move and tell them that under no circumstances will I be reporting to the team. Any team that would do that their fans isn’t a team worth playing for.

I think the NIL era will bring more of that in the near future.  We are getting into the real NIL era kids coming in.  

You already got folks like team Sanders talKing that way.  It’s coming 

• Beer 1