• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales announces next week's starting QB

TN05

11 minutes ago, strato said:

Does someone want to tell me why you think they won't throw to any deeper routes? Different coach even. Same poo as last year but the excuses have been removed I would say. 

Is it the QB refusing or the coach protecting? What the heck is going on because it is not right. 

Because throwing off his tippy toes and jumping up in the air to throw, isn't going  to allow for velocity or accuracy. Never saw any QB do that sh#t before.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, strato said:

Does someone want to tell me why you think they won't throw to any deeper routes? Different coach even. Same poo as last year but the excuses have been removed I would say. 

Is it the QB refusing or the coach protecting? What the heck is going on because it is not right. 

We threw more deep balls in the one game with Dalton vs the Seahawks than we did all of last year and the past 2 games with Bryce. Bryce doesn't have the footwork, timing, and arm talent to make deep throws in the NFL. Not to mention that yesterday he looked scared to throw the ball past the LOS. 

Dave needs to have the balls to bench Bryce and play Andy because Bryce is out there playing scared and it's bringing down the entire offense trying to compensate for it. Playing Andy who albeit isn't the answer I can at least trust him to run an NFL offense and allow us to truly evaluate the talent we have on this team. I mean we were running bubble screens and inside zone while down over 20 points in the 4th quarter.  It's clear that Bryce and Dave have no trust in the passing game. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CmC2k said:

We threw more deep balls in the one game with Dalton vs the Seahawks than we did all of last year and the past 2 games with Bryce. Bryce doesn't have the footwork, timing, and arm talent to make deep throws in the NFL. Not to mention that yesterday he looked scared to throw the ball past the LOS. 

Dave needs to have the balls to bench Bryce and play Andy because Bryce is out there playing scared and it's bringing down the entire offense trying to compensate for it. Playing Andy who albeit isn't the answer I can at least trust him to run an NFL offense and allow us to truly evaluate the talent we have on this team. I mean we were running bubble screens and inside zone while down over 20 points in the 4th quarter.  It's clear that Bryce and Dave have no trust in the passing game. 

Thanks. Playing scared, yeah probably why he looks like a child to me. I don't mean a baby I mean like, a timid teenager. 

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

TANK COMMANDER!

This is great news.  Everyone is talking about how this is doing the other players dirty, who cares? How many people on this roster should still be on the team in 2025 or 2026?  

Take us to the promise land Bryce 

I will say in all seriousness, it would be nice to see how Canales is as a play-caller with a QB who can do most of the things an NFL offense needs.  More than anything else we need a head coach.  Hard to blame Canales for anything that has happened so far, but gonna be hard to figure out where he stands this year.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Mage said:

I will say in all seriousness, it would be nice to see how Canales is as a play-caller with a QB who can do most of the things an NFL offense needs.  More than anything else we need a head coach.  Hard to blame Canales for anything that has happened so far, but gonna be hard to figure out where he stands this year.

I feel like that is the long game right up there with QB. You have to give Canales the same breaks you gave Young.

You could really just run last year's Bryce narrative and change the names out and that would do. 

He needs some help. Like, a QB that can play would be nice. Even a Carr, you could tell. Retread. That was his specialty anyway, I guess. Dalton is a lowtread by now but you know it would still look different. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I feel bad for Canales being puppet #3 under the Tepper regime. His head coaching career is now a predictable 1 and done. 

No chance. This a free year for him. He inherited the worst QB in the league and unlike Reich he’s proving it outright. It’s on Tepper to stop the bleeding.