• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales announces next week's starting QB

TN05

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

I posted this in another thread, but we’ve cost ourselves so much in draft picks with awesome 5 and 7 win seasons. We took Brown because we beat the Commanders and missed out on Herbert (I’m not sure he’s the answer, but with CMC and Moore, who knows). Another win a year later got us Horn instead of pick 3, which SF gave multiple firsts and other picks to Miami. Wilks going 6-6 after Rhule was fired got us pick 9 instead of a top 3 pick. We traded CMC (his 2nd was part of the deal), Moore and two first to get to 1 and took Young.

People in here often talk about the draft as if slot never matters and we should never root for a loss even if we’re already eliminated from the playoffs or know we suck even if the stupid GM thinks we’re 1 QB away. We are a walking billboard the past few years of why that one extra win or not trying to tank screws up your talent level and costs you a bunch of good picks.

That’s why going 3-14 with Dalton doesn’t excite me. We need great drafts to get out of this rut so having to trade up for QBs and having worse slots is bad. In case people don’t get it, our past 6 years should be a Harvard Business School Case Study of how to screw up a franchise for a decade or more.

I'm not down with watching The right reverend midget man fail for the rest of the NFL season.

And yes I am pissed off and bitter, getting the first pick was the worst thing that happened to the team. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

I posted this in another thread, but we’ve cost ourselves so much in draft picks with awesome 5 and 7 win seasons. We took Brown because we beat the Commanders and missed out on Herbert (I’m not sure he’s the answer, but with CMC and Moore, who knows). Another win a year later got us Horn instead of pick 3, which SF gave multiple firsts and other picks to Miami. Wilks going 6-6 after Rhule was fired got us pick 9 instead of a top 3 pick. We traded CMC (his 2nd was part of the deal), Moore and two first to get to 1 and took Young.

People in here often talk about the draft as if slot never matters and we should never root for a loss even if we’re already eliminated from the playoffs or know we suck even if the stupid GM thinks we’re 1 QB away. We are a walking billboard the past few years of why that one extra win or not trying to tank screws up your talent level and costs you a bunch of good picks.

That’s why going 3-14 with Dalton doesn’t excite me. We need great drafts to get out of this rut so having to trade up for QBs and having worse slots is bad. In case people don’t get it, our past 6 years should be a Harvard Business School Case Study of how to screw up a franchise for a decade or more.

I think we should try to win. We got the dumbest people making the picks anyway. We pick before almost every team and end up with worse players every year. So fug it.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, strato said:

I'm not down with watching The right reverend midget man fail for the rest of the NFL season.

And yes I am pissed off and bitter, getting the first pick was the worst thing that happened to the team. 

You may not be down but are you really going to enjoy Dalton going 3-12 and the Giants slipping in front of us at pick 1?

Also, getting the first pick was not the worst thing. When we got Cam, it was great.

The worst thing was Fitterer taking the wrong QB. I’m watching CJ Stroud and my god, the difference in picks is night and day. Houston will be a playoff contender for years.

Again, the worst thing was not the first pick. It was how badly we screwed it up and the fact that we didn’t let Rhule get us there by himself without a trade up. 

35 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I think we should try to win. We got the dumbest people making the picks anyway. We pick before almost every team and end up with worse players every year. So fug it.

Again, see my post above. We suck so bad that trying to win this year maybe gets us 2-3 wins instead of 0-1. That doesn’t help us at all.

Also, if we have the dumbest people, it won’t matter anyway. We have to hope Fitterer was the main issue (he absolutely was #1 IMHO) and even Morgan or another GM in 2025 can get us the CJ Stroud of next year. I’d rather give them the best ammo they could have.

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

You may not be down but are you really going to enjoy Dalton going 3-12 and the Giants slipping in front of us at pick 1?

Also, getting the first pick was not the worst thing. When we got Cam, it was great.

The worst thing was Fitterer taking the wrong QB. I’m watching CJ Stroud and my god, the difference in picks is night and day. Houston will be a playoff contender for years.

Again, the worst thing was not the first pick. It was how badly we screwed it up and the fact that we didn’t let Rhule get us there by himself without a trade up. 

I don't care. Again, the best quarterbacks are not always the first picks. Seriously, 2023 ring a bell? 

• Beer 3

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

I believe this is a smokescreen. This isn't he first time a coach has said "Player X is our QB" and then he is promptly benched.

My guess is he wants the Raiders to prep for Bryce and then switch to Dalton. Or give Bryce one more game, and if its more of the same then go with Dalton week 4.

I was at the game with good seats behind the Panthers bench. The players aren't going to take much more of this. Diontae Johnson already looks ready to kill and Thielen and Moton were visibly angry as well.

Agreed. We are only 2 games in and the frustration is clearly visible. To send the message this is how things are gonna be the for the next months 4 months is just not gonna fly.

• Beer 2