• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales announces next week's starting QB

TN05

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Please do not confuse anything that I'm saying as being some kind of suggestion Andy Dalton is anything special. I know what Dalton is. But this regime made their bed. They could have taken a late round QB or signed a decent young backup QB one of the other teams released instead of coddling Bryce Young like an infant. This season is about development nothing more.

I agree.  This season was about hoping we could see something from Young.  I think that ship has sailed.  Now it's about seeing what we have the other young players.  For example, the receivers, and maybe Brooks when he finally gets ready.  And we won't do that with Young.  

I don't feel sorry for Dave. He took the job, he allowed them to pass on QB options and now he is trotting out a product that should ruin his next HC option. This is on him just like it also on Dan. I said it before the season began. I would have been impressed woth DC calling it all what it is and just benching him regardless of fallout. His contract is guaranteed anyways. Now he is just another yes man in the NFL

• Pie 1

I believe this is a smokescreen. This isn't he first time a coach has said "Player X is our QB" and then he is promptly benched.

My guess is he wants the Raiders to prep for Bryce and then switch to Dalton. Or give Bryce one more game, and if its more of the same then go with Dalton week 4.

I was at the game with good seats behind the Panthers bench. The players aren't going to take much more of this. Diontae Johnson already looks ready to kill and Thielen and Moton were visibly angry as well.

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I believe this is a smokescreen. This isn't he first time a coach has said "Player X is our QB" and then he is promptly benched.

My guess is he wants the Raiders to prep for Bryce and then switch to Dalton. Or give Bryce one more game, and if its more of the same then go with Dalton week 4.

I was at the game with good seats behind the Panthers bench. The players aren't going to take much more of this. Diontae Johnson already looks ready to kill and Thielen and Moton were visibly angry as well.

This is what I came to post; I think Bryce will be “injured” this upcoming week

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I agree Dalton isn't the answer but he's absolutely better than Young. What will it hurt to put him in?

I posted this in another thread, but we’ve cost ourselves so much in draft picks with awesome 5 and 7 win seasons. We took Brown because we beat the Commanders and missed out on Herbert (I’m not sure he’s the answer, but with CMC and Moore, who knows). Another win a year later got us Horn instead of pick 3, which SF gave multiple firsts and other picks to Miami. Wilks going 6-6 after Rhule was fired got us pick 9 instead of a top 3 pick. We traded CMC (his 2nd was part of the deal), Moore and two first to get to 1 and took Young.

People in here often talk about the draft as if slot never matters and we should never root for a loss even if we’re already eliminated from the playoffs or know we suck even if the stupid GM thinks we’re 1 QB away. We are a walking billboard the past few years of why that one extra win or not trying to tank screws up your talent level and costs you a bunch of good picks.

That’s why going 3-14 with Dalton doesn’t excite me. We need great drafts to get out of this rut so having to trade up for QBs and having worse slots is bad. In case people don’t get it, our past 6 years should be a Harvard Business School Case Study of how to screw up a franchise for a decade or more.

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

I want to think this. It is an away game he doesn't have to further suffer from fan alienation, just players, out there. 

I understand needing to discuss stuff like this with your boss. He is meeting tomorrow, let's see what happens Tuesday.