• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales announces next week's starting QB

TN05

18 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Let’s get real here guys. What kind of culture have we had the last few years? We aren’t losing any culture even if Young loses the team by continuing to play. I don’t think Dalton does anything. Dude’s record is 33-52-1 since 2015 on better teams.

This team is lost and it doesn’t really matter. What matters is what QB we get at the top of the 1st next draft. If we finally get the right one, the future culture will be fine.

It would take Young 297 games (17 seasons) to get to 33 wins.

• Beer 2

Here’s a really weird take that’s probably way off base but, if Dave is trying to drive morale down to the point where people are begging him to sell, is there anyone more well suited than Bryce? 

Weird take #2, does the o line eventually throw a full metal jacket style soap party on private Pyle? It’s obvious that poor play won’t get him pulled. 

Make no mistake, these guys want to win and with Bryce there is a 0.0% chance of that happening. There’s money on the line for these guys. Plummer/Dalton. We’re going nowhere with either, but at least some of the offense guys can show something. You think Hubbard is liking any of this? He’s about to get paid like a practice squad player if he doesn’t get some running room. 

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

The thing that surprises me about Canales is the he isn't getting Young out of the pocket to be able to see downfield more or teaching Young to step up in a pocket provided by the O-line.

A lot falls on Young for not being a franchise QB.  He got thrown to the wolves last year and this year he gets blitzed and has PTSD from last year. 

Not saying he was ever a QB1, but he should be able to be a serviceable QB2 and I think he has had that knocked out of him.

If he gets out of the pocket there is a 90% chance he takes an unnecessary pick and a 10% chance he overthrows his target.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Having Andy Dalton would have probably put this game within a score.

Defense was bad, but how many 3 and outs did they have to follow? Everyone plays half speed and uninspired when Bryce is in. 

If the fire is this hot after two weeks, wait until we play the Raiders out west next week. This is about to be circulating through national media and not just Person, Quick, and Fowler. 

Dalton will be starting in the next 2-3 weeks. If not, there will be Urban Meyer-Jaguars level media attention on the Panthers.

56 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I agree Dalton isn't the answer but he's absolutely better than Young. What will it hurt to put him in?

Dalton can at least make the offense function so other people can develop and be assessed. You can also have some level of entertaining football with him in. 

Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to Plummer. He looked like hammered poo in the pre-season but he actually has the physical skills for the job, maybe he can go from horrible to bad by the end of the season. We already know what Bryce is.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Give me one reason why the Panthers having the number one pick is a guaranteed sure thing.  I can definitely give you a reason it’s not. The midget wearing #9

It's not. There have been more failed #1 picks than successful ones. 

You can accumulate more talent by showing some promise in this place and getting some key FAs to want to sign here. Trust me, we will still have a Top 12 pick to find a QB. #1 pick doesn't mean anything though.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Dalton can at least make the offense function so other people can develop and be assessed. You can also have some level of entertaining football with him in. 

Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to Plummer. He looked like hammered poo in the pre-season but he actually has the physical skills for the job, maybe he can go from horrible to bad by the end of the season. We already know what Bryce is.

Sanders, Mingo, Legette are experiencing QB hell right now. With Dalton they would at least have an opportunity to get several targets per game that travel more than 5 yards in the air. We have no way of knowing how good they can be with Young behind center. And as you pointed out, Plummer couldn’t look much worse than Young has the past 4 games. 

• Beer 1