• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales announces next week's starting QB

TN05

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Like CJ Stroud?

Like Bryce Young, Justin Fields, etc...

Who are the elite qb's in the NFL right now.  Mahomes, Allen, Lamar Jackson,  Herbert, Prescott (sometimes), the list is debatable I suppose.  But the only qb that is currently considered elite that came from one of those big programs is Burrows.  CJ Stroud might make it in if he continues to improve.  But personally, I prefer to take a chance on someone who excelled with lesser talent around him, against teams that were more physically talented.  

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

Let’s get real here guys. What kind of culture have we had the last few years?

Yes let's talk about that. We've been losing more often than not going all the way back to 2019 so 5 years now. Within just the last 2 years we've sunk lower lower and lower. But some of you think with just one player suddenly our locker room and culture is going to change overnight? That's pure fantasy. There is no Cam Newton 2.0 walking through that door. And even if there was that guy got absolute hell for being miserable over losing. So you'll have to excuse me if I don't just automatically buy in that another season of historical lows across the board is going to suddenly shift into not only competitive football again but postseason contention.

Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Like Bryce Young, Justin Fields, etc...

Who are the elite qb's in the NFL right now.  Mahomes, Allen, Lamar Jackson,  Herbert, Prescott (sometimes), the list is debatable I suppose.  But the only qb that is currently considered elite that came from one of those big programs is Burrows.  CJ Stroud might make it in if he continues to improve.  But personally, I prefer to take a chance on someone who excelled with lesser talent around him, against teams that were more physically talented.  

I was just giving you poo. I agree that the easiest evaluations are QBs on the non-elite teams. It's a tougher evaluation when your team is head and shoulders better than your opponent almost every week.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yes let's talk about that. We've been losing more often than not going all the way back to 2019 so 5 years now. Within just the last 2 years we've sunk lower lower and lower. But some of you think with just one player suddenly our locker room and culture is going to change overnight? That's pure fantasy. There is no Cam Newton 2.0 walking through that door. And even if there was that guy got absolute hell for being miserable over losing. So you'll have to excuse me if I don't just automatically buy in that another season of historical lows across the board is going to suddenly shift into not only competitive football again but postseason contention.

Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

CJ Stroud changed Houston. Daniels and Williams may do the same. Tons of top QBs bring winning cultures. Winning cultures are typically due to winning, amazingly enough.

I can guarantee you that Andy Dalton will not change the culture of this team.

We have been the worst team in the league for years and we are clearly there now. You can’t say that we’ll have a worse culture if we leave Young in and go for the #1 pick because our culture is already poo. You basically admitted that we are losers and we are.

The only way we ever get back to anything good is if we have a legitimate QB who brings optimism and can win a game with his play.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Why would Bryce NOT be the starter? Canales was hired to FIX him, not bench him and start someone who hasn’t had a winning season since 2015.

Because Bryce cannot play QB at the professional level.

With Bryce behind center we have been outscored 73-13 in two games.

He has converted TWO thirds downs in 2 games.

He has thrown 3 INTERCEPTIONS and 0 TDs.

He can’t see over the line of scrimmage and has to jump in the air or stand on his toes get his passes off. 

He misses open WRs when they’re running free, even when he’s not pressured, because he’s an inaccurate passer.

He gives the Panthers no chance to win when he is behind center.

I can’t think of one thing Bryce Young does better than Andy Dalton (or any other QB in the NFL for that matter).

• Pie 1

Just now, WhoKnows said:

CJ Stroud changed Houston. Daniels and Williams may do the same. Tons of top QBs bring winning cultures. Winning cultures are typically due to winning, amazingly enough.

I can guarantee you that Andy Dalton will not change the culture of this team.

We have been the worst team in the league for years and we are clearly there now. You can’t say that we’ll have a worse culture if we leave Young in and go for the #1 pick because our culture is already poo. You basically admitted that we are losers and we are.

The only way we ever get back to anything good is if we have a legitimate QB who brings optimism and can win a game with his play.

Please do not confuse anything that I'm saying as being some kind of suggestion Andy Dalton is anything special. I know what Dalton is. But this regime made their bed. They could have taken a late round QB or signed a decent young backup QB one of the other teams released instead of coddling Bryce Young like an infant. This season is about development nothing more.

• Pie 2