• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales announces next week's starting QB

TN05

1 minute ago, Wanderlai said:

If they start Dalton we are still a very bad team and maybe get 2-3 Ws. Trying to win meaningless games is what got us here in the first place. Keep playing Bryce and secure that #1 pick. Will they dug it up…probably but at least having the #1 pick is exciting? Has a franchise ever had the #1 pick 3 years in a row? 

I get tanking but he’s gonna lose the locker room before week 4.  You can’t have that.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Gonna be a long next 3.5 months. At this point I just wonder when I'll have mentally checked out and start doing something else with my Sundays. 

The only thing that I have left and look forward to now on Sundays, is knowing that Bryce Young is not a good quarterback. Now that I’ve accepted that, I feel all right that I am allowed to celebrate his failures. This is a sick and disgusting point of view that I know is wrong, but sadly it is all that I have left to give…

17 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

do you guys want the #1 pick or not?  damn.....stop bitchin'

Tanking is a fan concept. It does not work in NFL locker rooms where there are 50+ players whose careers are hanging in the balance. Just being associated with this historically bad nightmare is tarnishing when you look bad as well by proximity.

Yes theoretically you can get the first pick this way but do any of you ever want to establish a real culture here again? Incinerating your locker room for the first pick isn't the cut and dry win some of you think it is.

Plus at the end of the day. Scott Fitterer's former best friend will be making the pick with Mr. Tepper leaning over his shoulder.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I get tanking but he’s gonna lose the locker room before week 4.  You can’t have that.

Locker room? What’s in their worth saving to start Dalton and risk missing the #1 pick? Those guys know the deal to. The knew what they signed up for. The guys drafted that’s just unfortunate lol

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Tanking is a fan concept. It does not work in NFL locker rooms where there are 50+ players whose careers are hanging in the balance. Just being associated with this historically bad nightmare is tarnishing when you look bad as well by proximity.

Yes theoretically you can get the first pick this way but do any of you ever want to establish a real culture here again? Incinerating your locker room for the first pick isn't the cut and dry win some of you think it is.

Plus at the end of the day. Scott Fitterer's former best friend will be making the pick with Mr. Tepper leaning over his shoulder.

Dude, no QB we have on the roster is saving this poop fest.

Sorry.

Dan Morgan did a better job in one draft and off season than Fitterer did in all his years combined.

26 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

I’m fine with going 0-17 this year as long as it seals his fate and they draft Ewers or the best QB pick. 

If I were Ewers an 0-17 Carolina team attempted to draft me 1st overall after an obvious tank job I’d pull and Elway or Manning move and tell them that under no circumstances will I be reporting to the team. Any team that would do that their fans isn’t a team worth playing for.

22 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

It's not like Andy fugin Dalton is suddenly going to lead us on a Flacco like resurgence into the playoffs. Were getting the number 1 pick regardless who plays QB. 

I just want to watch entertaining football again so I can feel anything other than apathy on a Sunday afternoon.

Dalton at least means we'd lose 31-24.

With Dalton, I think we could win 3 or 4 games.  There are some pretty horrible teams in the league, and we at least have a solid oline and I think a solid group of receivers.  But our qb play is so horrific that it doesn't matter.   

Regarding getting the number one pick, I am not sure that is a good thing.  Most of the elite qb's in the league were picked a little later in the first round.  And we haven't exactly shown that we can make good selections.  Might be better off being forced into picking someone who is not our guy.  

• Pie 1