• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the goal of the team is to win…

Iceup

18 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I agree with you but im willing to bet Canales may not be allowed to bench Bryce

That’s fair. I think Tepper made it clear during the coaching search that whoever was hired would have to magically turn Bryce into an NFL QB when almost all of us knew after last year that it probably wasn’t going to work out. As a first time NFL head coach it’s possible that Canales doesn’t want piss off the owner. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

That’s fair. I think Tepper made it clear during the coaching search that whoever was hired would have to magically turn Bryce into an NFL QB when almost all of us knew after last year that it probably wasn’t going to work out. As a first time NFL head coach it’s possible that Canales doesn’t want piss off the owner. 

He is young enough to have a lot in front if him, and of course it is his life’s work.
 Reich could say fug you Dave I’m the coach and ride off into the sunset. 

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

if canales can't bench bryce tha this is basically his career. he'll never be a head coach again

i know tears in heaven cry all the way to the bank etc but he's obliterating his credibility. 

maybe he doesnt care and thats fine but the dude has no legitimacy right now

Does he have the power?

If he has the power, does he have the will?

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Does he have the power?

If he has the power, does he have the will?

the wildest thing is its just week 3. the season isn't over 

they could have competed today with just the threat of capable qb play 

and canales is still out there saying "bryce has to better but he's our qb heading into week 3"

no players should take this seriously. 

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

the wildest thing is its just week 3. the season isn't over 

they could have competed today with just the threat of capable qb play 

and canales is still out there saying "bryce has to better but he's our qb heading into week 3"

no players should take this seriously. 

I'd be worried about losing the locker room sticking with Bryce.

We'll see who's in charge.  If Young is playing next week Tepper is clearly making the decisions.  I think we keep Dalton as backup and give Plummer a chance.  He has the tools and if Canales is the QB whisperer than maybe he can do something with Plummer.

You look Bryce was 18-26 but was barely over 4 yds per reception.  We have all sorts of weapons that can stretch the field, but Young can't make those plays. If we had a competent passing game our running game would be much better.

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Ok, so we go 3-14 and lose out to the Giants for the number 1 pick. They choose the CJ Stroud of 2025 and we get the Bryce Young of 2025 because we got 3 wins and 12 losses with Dalton.

I’m hoping for an actual franchise level QB. That’s it. It amazes me that people want a few wins (maybe) over our future.  Yes, I know we may still have poo at GM but at some point we have to hope they don’t fitter the pick up again.

I’ve seem a lot of love of Wilks in here lately and all he really did was make us lose Moore and CMC while picking Young first. Heck, we might have accidentally had to take Stroud if we had pick 2 or 3 instead of 9.

At some point we need to get the next QB and if Dalton can’t help us get there, he can ride the bench. I’d rather us pickup the best PS QB and try them out.

What draft position did Mahomes go….jackson…Allen…and others …it is not necessary to have the first pick in the draft to find a a good qb 

51 other players aren’t going to tank because fans want the number one pick…those players give up their bodies in a short career, they need the chance at their incentives…they deserve their chance to out decent work on film

this isn’t madden  this is real life for those players and coaches and for the fans who put out hard earned money for years to see the panthers poo show which hasn't hit rock bottom yet with Tepper