• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Announcer: “His little jump pass is knocked away”

electro's horse

4 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

I think we're we might be differing on this is trying to wrangle a few wins here and there. There is no good or better outcome on this season.

To your point, there is no reason to play Bryce. We know what we have with him. There's no reason to play Dalton. He is not the answer. I don't know, put in the udfa they had out there in preseason. It's a no-win scenario no matter what you look at it, but someone has to go out there and slog it out. Only 15 more to go!

I think everybody knows dalton isn't the answer. This isn't about winning right now/competing for a championship. This is about putting a serviceable qb on the field that helps give you a functional offense for the time being. Bryce isnt doing that, he isnt doing much of anything at all. He had 84 yds passing today. The top receiver had 23 yds. They are barely even involved in the game, this is unacceptable for 15 more games. If you think a change can fix that you gotta do it. It's easy to sit at home as a fan say this is okay because it's benefits in the end, but that just isn't how it works for everybody involved. You saw today players are starting to show frustration in the open and we are only 2 games in. I don't know how else to explain it to you unless you just continue to look at this only from a fan perspective. 

• Pie 6

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I think everybody knows dalton isn't the answer. This isn't about winning right now/competing for a championship. This is about putting a serviceable qb on the field that helps give you a functional offense for the time being. Bryce isnt doing that, he isnt doing much of anything at all. He had 84 yds passing today. The top receiver had 23 yds. They are barely even involved in the game, this is unacceptable for 15 more games. If you think a change can fix that you gotta do it. It's easy to sit at home as a fan say this is okay because it's benefits in the end, but that just isn't how it works for everybody involved. You saw today players are starting to show frustration in the open and we are only 2 games in. I don't know how else to explain it to you unless you just continue to look at this only from a fan perspective. 

I think you misunderstand my opinion of Young, and the franchise as a whole.

There is nothing salvageable about this and it should've been torn down to floorboards and studs, when this rebuild was undertaken 4 coaches ago. The team shows the results of all those different philosophies and opinions and hands. There is no identity, no foundations, it's a collection of players, many of them would not be in the league other than the opportunity we have presented. Bring on the next set to turn us into a winner again. Spin the wheel of misfortune, Tepper.

But all said, you have some very fine points.

33 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I'd like to know how this offense of Canales runs and if we got anything in guys like Legette and Sanders.  Bryce doesn't allow this to be seen.  

This!!! We can't just tank it completely!! We have way too many young guys that need a fair shot to develop!!!

• Beer 3

6 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

First, I’ll add that I’ve never preferred Young and it was obvious in week 1 against Atlanta last year that he was going to have problems. He’s cemented this in the rest of his career.

Second, I’d enjoy Dalton starting because people in here actually think he’ll give us a chance. This team is poo with the worst QB ever. Dalton hasn’t been a winning QB in almost a decade and he’s not saving us this year.

Dalton completely altered the culture of a moribund Cincinnati franchise. What do you mean, not a winner?

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He some how managed to regress from last year. Probably because the offense is more complicated with all of the motion? Hard to believe because if there was one "strength" he had it was the ability to process an NFL offense? Process what was happening on the field? Process a coloring book? I have no idea at this point but some how he has managed to look worse than last year. There isn't a bigger sign that he just flat out can't play at this level. We will not win a single game if he stays under center all year. That sucks to have to admit but its the truth.

With so many things to keep track of that Bruce is bad at, I haven't yet complained about him staring down targets. 

Which he is also doing. 

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, UnluckyforSome said:

I think where we might be differing on this is trying to wrangle a few wins here and there. There is no good or better outcome on this season.

To your point, there is no reason to play Bryce. We know what we have with him. There's no reason to play Dalton. He is not the answer. I don't know, put in the udfa they had out there in preseason. It's a no-win scenario no matter how you look at it, but someone has to go out there and slog it out. Only 15 more to go!

I got a crazy idea...lets put the best players at their position on the field. That's what every other team does.

• Beer 3

7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Dalton completely altered the culture of a moribund Cincinnati franchise. What do you mean, not a winner?

He means that Dalton hasn't had a winning record in a season as a starter since 2015, which is true. However, several seasons were at .500 or just below it, so still notably better than anything Carolina has put on the field in years.